Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #52 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything was swell.I really enjoyed myself I felt warm and at home.The only complaint I have is that the staff was amazing. Lynda and Toney we're outstanding. Toney's actually the only reason I'm taking time out to complete this survey.He was genuinely persistent on making sure I completed this survey when I received it. He packs a smile that would make anyone give in. I happy I stayed here Thanks P.S. Toney needs a RAISE!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much! Tony and Linda both are jewels and I feel so blessed and proud to have both of them on my staff. I will pass your kind words on to both of them. I only wish you could see the smile from them when I do. It will light up the whole lobby!! We appreciate your business and look so forward to seeing you again soon!! It is our pleasure serving you!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast attendant is an excellent, friendly, African-American lady with an upbeat, infectious personality. But the only options (besides Wendy's) for dining at/near this hotel are those that can be delivered. Nothing else is within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

I was pleased to see you were satisfied with the overall "hotel". Clean, comfortable and quiet are obviously important elements and you have our promise we will continue to keep it that way. I do realize the closest restaurant (short of fast food) is about 4 miles away. Not exactly walking distance but being the area we are located in is growing so fast I foresee new restaurants will be built closer to the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, I hope to see you again soon. Safe travels

Reviewed August 2, 2013

excellant staff great room and breakfeast was good. The stay here was a pleasant surprise compared with my stay at another hampton inn.The quality of this stay was so much better than the last hampton inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure serving you! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

As I write this statement I tear up. I was so shocked with this one particular employee.Tony was his name.Let me tell you when I say this young man is a JEWEL. I was in town to visit my mom in the hospital and my son to visit his Dad for his 8th birthday but things took a left turn.As I sat in the lobby with my son as he cried for the one thing his 'FATHER' was supposed to provide which was a birthday cake. Without saying a word or even me asking an hour later Tony presents Ethan(my son) with a Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robins chocolate(which is Ethan's favorite) and a Toys 'R' Us gift card.I think I may have scared Tony because I rushed him with a big hug and an army of tears. Ethan has been asking about Tony since we departed.This is something I will never forget.No other hotel will ever get my business as long as Tony is employed there but he's a DIAMOND and his FUTURE is so BRIGHT FROM Jackie and Ethan With love.

1  Thank Jacqueline J G
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for participating in our survey. It's happenings like these that we love to read about. Your comments about Tony's actions brought tears to my eyes as well. I am so blessed and proud to have Tony as a part of my team. He truly showed who he really is. I love the fact that I have an employee that makes every effort to make sure every guests he comes in contact with happy (no matter how young or old they are). I have passed your kind words on to Tony and I think I'll go out and buy him a "BASKIN ROBBINS CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM CAKE"!! You should have seen the smile that came across his face when he heard Ethan has been asking about him.

Please pass my belated "Happy Birthday" on to Ethan. Also, tell him Tony will be looking for him to come back soon. You never know what Tony might have up his sleeve next time. He loves surprises!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Liked the location of the hotel. Went to the Hampton near Beal St first and didn't like it as well. This location is close enough to the city and convent to eating places. Room clean, help friendly over all nice place to stay. Beds just to high.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I was pleased to see you liked the location of our hotel the people and we provided a clean and fresh room for you. I am sorry the bed was too high for you. Next time you come I could sure offer a foot stool for you to make it easier to get in the bed. We are all about "whatever it takes!!" Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent staff and nice facility for the price. Great check in experience and no problems with check out either. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We did not encounter any problems with our stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words! It is our pleasure serving you! We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

looks old, needs to be updated. fitness room was aweful,small with very littel equipment, no weights, rooms were ok, but old, breakfast was average. not alot nearby in terms of restaurants, will not stay there again. Have had good experience with Hampton Inn, but not this one

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry you were not satisfied with our hotel. We just went through renovations for our lobby, breakfast area and upgraded our fitness room to the Hilton Jump Start Fitness program. I realize the closest restaurant (short of fast food) is about 4 miles away. Not exactly walking distance but being the area we are located in is growing so fast I foresee new restaurants will be built closer to the hotel in the near future. I do hope you give us another try again soon so we may show you your comments count. Many thanks! Safe travels!