Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #50 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 2, 2013

excellant staff great room and breakfeast was good. The stay here was a pleasant surprise compared with my stay at another hampton inn.The quality of this stay was so much better than the last hampton inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure serving you! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

As I write this statement I tear up. I was so shocked with this one particular employee.Tony was his name.Let me tell you when I say this young man is a JEWEL. I was in town to visit my mom in the hospital and my son to visit his Dad for his 8th birthday but things took a left turn.As I sat in the lobby with my son as he cried for the one thing his 'FATHER' was supposed to provide which was a birthday cake. Without saying a word or even me asking an hour later Tony presents Ethan(my son) with a Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robins chocolate(which is Ethan's favorite) and a Toys 'R' Us gift card.I think I may have scared Tony because I rushed him with a big hug and an army of tears. Ethan has been asking about Tony since we departed.This is something I will never forget.No other hotel will ever get my business as long as Tony is employed there but he's a DIAMOND and his FUTURE is so BRIGHT FROM Jackie and Ethan With love.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline J G
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for participating in our survey. It's happenings like these that we love to read about. Your comments about Tony's actions brought tears to my eyes as well. I am so blessed and proud to have Tony as a part of my team. He truly showed who he really is. I love the fact that I have an employee that makes every effort to make sure every guests he comes in contact with happy (no matter how young or old they are). I have passed your kind words on to Tony and I think I'll go out and buy him a "BASKIN ROBBINS CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM CAKE"!! You should have seen the smile that came across his face when he heard Ethan has been asking about him.

Please pass my belated "Happy Birthday" on to Ethan. Also, tell him Tony will be looking for him to come back soon. You never know what Tony might have up his sleeve next time. He loves surprises!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Liked the location of the hotel. Went to the Hampton near Beal St first and didn't like it as well. This location is close enough to the city and convent to eating places. Room clean, help friendly over all nice place to stay. Beds just to high.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I was pleased to see you liked the location of our hotel the people and we provided a clean and fresh room for you. I am sorry the bed was too high for you. Next time you come I could sure offer a foot stool for you to make it easier to get in the bed. We are all about "whatever it takes!!" Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent staff and nice facility for the price. Great check in experience and no problems with check out either. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We did not encounter any problems with our stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words! It is our pleasure serving you! We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

looks old, needs to be updated. fitness room was aweful,small with very littel equipment, no weights, rooms were ok, but old, breakfast was average. not alot nearby in terms of restaurants, will not stay there again. Have had good experience with Hampton Inn, but not this one

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry you were not satisfied with our hotel. We just went through renovations for our lobby, breakfast area and upgraded our fitness room to the Hilton Jump Start Fitness program. I realize the closest restaurant (short of fast food) is about 4 miles away. Not exactly walking distance but being the area we are located in is growing so fast I foresee new restaurants will be built closer to the hotel in the near future. I do hope you give us another try again soon so we may show you your comments count. Many thanks! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite a way from the downtown attractions however it is very accessible due to its proximity to the highway. It takes about 30 minutes to get downtown. We chose this hotel to save a bit of money and the 30 minute drive is easy. If you are on a tight budget, then you can book this hotel (or neighboring) and drive into town with very few problems. Next time I'm in Memphis, however, I think I'd rather pay a little extra for a downtown hotel and not worry about the driving.

This hotel is right next to Baptist Memorial Hospital so it would be perfect if visiting patients.

The hotel was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in the room directly across from housekeeping and we could hear them talking from inside our room early in the morning. It wasn't a problem because we were up early anyway but if you need to sleep in, make sure the room isn't near housekeeping (120 or 130?? I'm sorry, I can't remember).

As I left the room, all the housekeepers turned to look at me and say, "good morning!" I couldn't stay mad at them because in true Memphis style, they were just too friendly.

The breakfast was ok. It was a typical Hampton breakfast and did the trick. The best part was the friendliness of the host!

The night I stayed there was the same night a teenaged baseball team was staying there! No problems though! The hotel was quiet (partly the hotel, partly well behaved youths) and I was IMPRESSED with how the front desk agent (there was only one) on duty handled all the requests. She was hospitable and handled numerous requests professionally!

Room Tip: Make sure you are not across from housekeeping if you need to sleep in! However, if you need to get...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Memphis at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. I first want to apologize for the excessive noise from our housekeeping department. I have taken action to make sure we don't disturb other guests in the future. I was pleased to hear my staff engaged with you each morning and your room was fresh and clean. My housekeepers are a great group to work with. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Memphis! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I didn't realize Hampton Inns must be chains until I stayed here. This one isn't as up to date as most Hamptons, with older amenities and somewhat dated furniture, furnishings, etc. The carpet is stained. The service isn't as good as other Hamptons. My first day, there was only decaf coffee packets. I asked for regular in a note to housekeeping. They left regular for the next day, but then didn't refill the packets at all for the third day. This Hampton isn't bad, it just isn't as up to date and nice as other Hamptons. If you are in West Memphis, stay at the Hampton Inn on Shady Grove.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for your comments as I do listen and act on them. It sounds like a little "re-training" is in order. I assure you I will address the issues you experienced. I can also assure you that this is not of the norm. We take pride in our hotel and want to make sure every guest is taken care of every time. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations but again, I am addressing these issues and correcting them. We appreciate your business and want to continue to do business with you. I do hope you come back and test my word. It is always a pleasure serving you.