“Great visit for personal”

Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #50 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel several times now. More for personal use than business. The business center is not updated at all and in the middle of the lobby. Great for family but would not suggest business stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis, TN. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your comments about the location of our business center. I will certainly pass these comments on to Hilton as your comments and suggestions are important to me as well as to them. Thank you again for your business, I look froward to seeing you again soon. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here one night on a cross country trip for work. Chose this spot because it was cheaper than the other hampton Inn locations. Note that it is very close to the hospital/medical offices. Nice usual Hampton Inn accommodations. Clean room and comfortable bed. While I was here a high school baseball team and their parents were also here. The noise associated with the boys is NOT a Hampton Inn issue. Just a teenage boy issue. My room was quiet. I did pass a number of rooms oddly in the hallway in the way to the elevators. Would hate to be those guests. Outdoor pool was on the small side but being clean and well maintained and being utilized in the warm weather. Breakfast was the usual - not short order good but excellent for being free and clean. Very attentive manager of the breakfast area which was just a couple of counters and a specified "room" in the lobby. Overall I enjoyed my stay and the staff. Will definitely stay here again if my work brings me this way.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis, TN. I will certainly pass your comments on to my staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Memphis. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with a very caring staff and manager. The rooms are well furnished and clean. The breakfast is delicious and has a great variety. The amenities are super! I highly recommend it if staying in the Memphis area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I can tell you we all care abour your experience here at the Hampton Walnut Grove. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Again, thank you and safe travels!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the type of hotel we like to stay at when we can arrive early and depart not so early the next morning. Everything was good. The hot breakfast was excellent. Great place for someone who is visiting a hospital patient which is right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I was pleased to see you were so satisfied with my hotel. Thanks again! I look forward to your next visit to Memphis Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

this hotel like all other Hamptons met my expectations and provided quality accommodations at a reasonable price. clean rooms and excellent customer service. the breakfast was good as well. I don't mind writing reviews for good service and quality but I find the minimum character requirement very irritating. I am already helping you out by writing the review. Why do you have to put additional requirements on my comments.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We do strive to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied. Sorry about the limited spaces provided on the survey. I look forward to your next visit to Memphis Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Let me know if I can be of any assistance with your next travel plans. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hotel is a decent property and I have stayed there many times......this trip the bath tub had hair and a melted bar of soap still in the tub!!! The frame around the mirrow had what appeared to be dried tooth paste on it! I pray I didn't catch anything from the tub!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

When I saw your comments I was shocked. I can't tell you how sorry I am the room didn't meet the standards I insist on. This is not of the norm. I assure you I have taken action. I do hope you will return so I can earn your trust again. I do thank you for your comments so I may correct them.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I visited for a quick weekend getaway. The staff was very helpful in providing us with fun activities in the area and directions. To eour dismay...we realized my 6 yr old left his 3 DS XL along with the bag of at least 20 games bundled in the covers on one of the beds. Grand total exceeding $2000! After calling and investigation....the staff found it!! Thank you and may God bless the housekeeping staff. We will definitely return...a trustworthy staff is PRICELESS.

• Stayed: June 2013

I love it when I hear such kind words!! I do trust my staff. We all try our best to do the right thing. I thank you so much for letting me know of your experience. I will certainly pass your comments on to my housekeeping staff. They will be as proud as I am. Safe travels to you and your family. I look forward to your next stay in Memphis!