“Awesome Night stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome Night stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice!! Rarely I thank hotels for the feeling of "being home"...but "Thank You" I really felt welcome here! A lot of employees at other hotels are trained to say certain phrases, but these folks say it like they "Really Do" appreciate you being there. If I opened a Hotel..I would model this hotel and call it "Welcome Home Inn" The only negative is the let employees from the surrounding businesses (All healthcare Businesses) park in their lot, so guest parking is VERY limited. I mentioned this to front desk, but the response was "We are trying to control this" (Note: Employee's of the hospital parking lot was nearly empty [which they are charged a fee to park and work at the hospital] while the hotel parking had 2 spaces left at 8am. (I witnessed at least 23 nurses park and walk away from hotel.) ON THE OTHER HAND.... I passed 4 different children in wheel chairs in the elevator of hotel heading towards hospital....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We do try to make every effort to provide that "home away from home" service. I am aware of the parking situation and have made strides with the nurses in area buildings to stop parking in our guest parking. You mentioned the children in wheelchairs on the elevators; we do a great deal of business with the hospital as you know we sit right in the middle of Baptist Hospital's campus. We try to make everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your comments and for choosing Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis! We look forward to your next visit to Memphis as it is our pleasure serving you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent service from very professional and friendly staff. The staff will even call me when fresh cookies are ready in the evening! The rooms are very quiet and clean. Wish each room had microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
.I am so happy you were satisfied with our hotel. We do pride ourselves in making sure all your needs are met. We are working to increase the number of refrigerators and microwaves throughout the hotel. I look forward to your next trip to Memphis. Let me know if I can help with future reservations.
Etters, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

we have a king suite and as we walked in my hubby kissed me, saying thank you for picking this room..it was a home away from home, making us feel we were on a 2nd honeymoon..the staff welcomed you with a smile, asking us all the time, are we enjoying ourselves if we needed anything..Room was icing on the cake for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to my staff. We try to make every effort to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied with their stay. I am pleased we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels to you!!
Clarksville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Quality room, slept very well, exceptional service, great location and friendly staff. Loved the extra outlets by the bedside with the USB plugs built in. Very business friendly. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am always thrilled to hear such great feedback from my guests. I will certainly pass it on to my staff. I look forward to your next visit to Memphis. If you need any assistance with your travel plans please don't hesitate to call on me.
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was a clean, neat hotel that's near the hospital. We were on a long road trip and stopped here for an overnight stay. The hotel is clean, and everyone at the front desk is polite. The main problem I had with the hotel is that the bed tilted. It seemed to be higher on one side than the other, and nothing I did could fix that. The breakfast was good, and had several options.
I think with a little remodeling--fresh paint, new beds--this would easily have been four or five stars for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank BabeinWoods
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about your stay here in Memphis. I am so sorry about that bed. I am going to hunt all over this hotel until I find which bed it was unless you would like to give me a call and tell me which room you stayed in. I could sure find it and fix it a lot quicker so no other guest has the same problem. I want everyone to have a good nights sleep here at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis. I hope you will give us another try again soon. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again and safe travels to you!!
Poplar Bluff, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was scheduled for surgery so after the first ight my husband stayed at the hotel while I was in the hospital. They provided a shudle. He ate a good breakfast. Hampton Inn was exactly what we needed when and where we needed. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will certainly pass them along to my staff. I hope all is well now. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Memphis. Let me know if I can assist you in any way. Again, thank you so much!
Conway, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband had to be at the hospital, without food, at 5:30 in the morning! I was able to drop him off at the hospital and get him settled and be back in time for my own breakfast and a nap before returning to his side!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a micro/frig when staying for several days.