“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #51 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Crown Point, Indiana
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had stayed at LQ Inns before and they're usually pretty good. This came up as a 2.5 star hotel on one of those travel sites where you book before knowing the name and save. At $49/night I was blown away by the quality of my stay. The staff was fantastic, the free wi-fi worked great, and continental breakfast had a lot of options. I'm one to search beds and things before I get in them and this hotel passed with flying colors on cleanliness. In my room I had a microwave, mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and a very large desk. The location is great too. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, nice decor and liked the bed placement. We chose this hotel because we were traveling with 2 small dogs. The bad part was that we booked a king room with a roll away bed for our daughter. When we checked in the desk clerk told us there were no roll aways were at that hotel (even tho we had confirmed availability with the hotel and the 800 number). Due to this dishonesty we had to add and pay for a separate room for our daughter. We could not sleep in a room with 2 double beds due to the fact my husband was recovering from a recent stroke. This cost us an extra $120. I was very angry and disappointed . Would have been a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Frequent travel to Memphis caused me to find a reliable and affordable motel with consistent value. LQ Primacy is the one I settled on as my favorite. The staff was always friendly. The rooms/grounds were always well maintained. Security service made me feel comfortable about my vehicle security. Hot breakfast was good; powdered eggs....not so much! Nice pool and workout room. 3 elevators made for easy quick access to upper rooms. Love it. Count on it.

Room Tip: Near hospitals and uptown Memphis...Convenient to most everything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john72653
Meridian, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel doesn't deserve the high rating it has. The halls were smelly and the furnishings were very outdated. Wasn't clean, mold in the bathtub. Had a suite and called down for sheets for the foldout. They were never brought up, had to pick them up at the desk when we got back that evening. Also, it had two TV's but only 1 remote. Had a coffee maker & coffee, but no creamer or sugar. I was disappointed because I stayed at a La Quinta in Ada, OK and it was very nice. This one wasn't and I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the far end of the hallway next to the elevator. It wasn't working corr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Memphis hotels

LAS VEGAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The front desk clerk was so helpful. The room was amazing! I was really impressed especially for the rate. I will definitely try to stay at La Quinta when I travel again. I chose this hotel for the fitness center since I was driving cross country. The last place I stayed said they had one but when I got there it was closed "for maintenance." This one was open. The equipment was a little old but I was happy just to be able to work out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank VICTORIA M
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

1. Located very close to railroad = a lot of noise.
2. No soap in room. Cant get it from concierge, because they "run out of soap today and he could not do nothing about it".
3. Pet friendly means that dog, left by his owner in the room for half a night will bark and jump and scratch on the door (there is a door between two adjacent rooms).
4. When you tell concierge about the dog he will answer that "it is a pet friendly hotel". And when you ask for a new room he well tel you that hotel is fully booked which is not true because 80% of parking space is free.

1+2+3+4 = never again I will stay in any LaQuinta. You cant wake on ton any side if you are not able to fall asleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Redguy29
Middleton, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

First, this hotel was a bit difficult to find off the highway. The rain, accidents, and screaming police cars didn't help though. It was New Years eve and busy going on everywhere.

Once at the hotel it was fine. Service was pleasant and the nice ride up 6 floors not so. We were on the smoking floor and were surprised that it didn't smell bad when exit the elevator. The room was well kept and seemed clean enough but sparse of the little things.

The little things being eatery menu/information, hotel information, local stuff and the like. Other than that everything was great at this location.

The bed was awesome as usual! We will stay here again if and when needed for a stay in Memphis.

Room Tip: The place as a whole is in a very quiet area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple