“Fab location safe area”

Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
uk
“Fab location safe area”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I and our best friends stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting Graceland, the hotel was very clean, the rooms lovely and staff very helpful and friendly, breakfast great!
Would recommend it to anyone and will be back to stay again!! We have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and this one is definitely one to come back to. We walked to various restaurants and bars every night and felt very safe, we travelled from uk to Newark NY, then caught the connecting flight. Whilst on the plane to Memphis we were advised where not to go at night, but where we stayed was safe. Fabulous holday in New York, Memphis and Washington. Would go back to all of them again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jane378

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very nice location, good stores close by and places to eat. If your a fan of Vinyard Vines there's one right around the corner, the guy that runs the place is Paul (great guy). This was my first stay at a LaQuinta. The rooms are great to sleep in, the shades make it like a cave plus nice cold air. Wifi was pretty good and free. Rooms were clean. Only disappointment was the breakfast was so so, not quite the selection Marriott or some other like Choice & Carlson have. If LQ stepped the breakfast up I would likely be a LQ guy from here on. Waffles, oatmeal and toast were the only hot items. Overall this is a solid place, it's worth $75 on a busy weekend but would expect more if price went over that on a normal stay.

San Francisco
Reviewed August 11, 2012

this was my first stay at a La Quinta and I was very happy.

LOCATION: the location is right off the highway which is nice. however its not really in Memphis. to get to Beale Street, it is about a 20 minute drive. but its next to a hospital and a strip mall with food so there are things to do locally.

ROOM: standard La Quinta room. big flatscreen. really comfy bed. smallish bathroom but still decent. the only complaint was that the AC was right at where they placed the desk so when youre sitting to do work, you are freezing. wifi was extremely slow but it was really fast in the lobby.

overall the room is great. good value but definitely not in Memphis proper. solid 4.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ekchoi
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great hotel at a great price. Room was very spacious. Both room and bathroom were very clean. Had a very nice television, microwave, and refrigerator. Excellent breakfast buffet. Staff was very friendly. Highly recommend this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice exterior. Beware of the tax added on your bill. It's about 14-16%. The king bed room we got was amazing. My dog was very at home as well. The room all together was about 89$. Free breakfast which is make it yourself waffles,hard boiled eggs(which are over cooked),fresh orange juice,bagels,muffins,toast,ect. Free wifi works great. And the tv has what your watching at the bottom of the screen,which saves you from flipping back to the schedule channel. The bathroom was very large and very clean. The bed was soft and the blankets were very comfy. All in all one of the best la Quinta inns I've stayed at. Highly recommend staying if you get a good deal. Ask for military discount!!! ID required.

Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Travelling accross the country from Maryland to Arizona. This hotel took all our pets (2 dogs and 3 cats) without a deposit. Note some La Quinta's have a limit of two pets. The room was very clean, the bed really comfortable and the bathroom quite big. Although the room was not huge, our litterbox, pet carrier and all pet bowls fit nicely without being in the way.But best of all was the service we got at the front desk. I lost my 22Kt nose ring (I was washing my face!) and it fell down the sink. I thought I had lost it but looked down the drain I saw it down there just out of reach. My husband called the front desk to ask if maintanance could come and help us. Unfortunately maintanance was not going to be back until 7:30 the next morning. Mills at the reception invited my husband down to reception to see if they could not brainstorm some solution. Mills found a hanger and my husband was able to attach a paper clip to it and make a hook. Long story short, I got my nose ring back! Mills asked that we call him with the result of our attempts. When my husband called telling him we were successful, Mills told us that he had found another room for us so that we did not need to use the sink until maintanance got here! How nice was that! I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were in town for a llittle get away with the family. We always stay in this area, but this is the 2nd time at this la quinta. THis particular visit, we checked in on a Friday night and we were in a king suite. The air unit in the bedroom malfunctioned, the hotel not only gave us a night free, they also moved us to another suite the next day. In the process of moving I had left my wedding rings in the room. I didn't realize it until about 3-4 hours later. When i went to check with housekeeping, the lady said she found them and gave them to her superviser. I went downstairs and she handed me my jewerly!!! I was so excited and so thankful!! I really appreciate the honesty of the staff. We will stay here every visit to Memphis!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family