“Easy to relax”

Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #11 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had business in Memphis and needed someplace close to where we needed to go.
Along with being a very pleasant hotel , the front desk staff were wonderful and very friendly.
There is plenty to do within walking distance and plenty to drive to without having to get on the highway. That makes it a big plus.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. It was beautiful. The staff was professional, kind and helpful. The free wifi, mini-fridge, office area and sitting room area were great. Although they didn't offer "room service" in the traditional sense, they did offer quick meals that you could pick up at the front desk. It's a nice option to have but the hotel is situated among a number of restaurants and retailers within walking distance! There were a few downsides - the bathrooms are super small - felt like I had to shower in a closet. Seriously. The breakfast area was awkward - you essentially ate breakfast anywhere you could grab a seat in the lobby. And in the end, I never received a receipt under my door. I had to wait at the front desk a pretty long time simply to check out, which was inconvenient. It would have been nice if they had 2 associates assisting people at the front desk during prime check in/ check out time. But overall a really good time!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Quick over-night trip for a visit to the Memphis Zoo. Room was clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, but given the extra space in the sitting area - worth the trade off. The breakfast wasn't fantastic, but it was free - so no real complaints here!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor - less foot traffic and outside noise.
1  Thank eenygma_20
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here 6/13/14 just for one night as a stop over on our way to Williamsburg, VA. Me, my wife, and two boys ages 6 & 11. I think Hyatt Place's are some of the best values out there especially for families. We arrived late which was no problem, checked in easily and had a great, quiet nights sleep. Free wifi and hot breakfast are a huge plus in my book. All for only 5,000 Gold passport points if you are a member or have a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card which allows you to transfer points to Hyatt. I will say our room was beginning to show signs of wear and tear on the couch, bathroom door, and sink but those high traffic areas are probably to be expected. The area is in a retail shopping complex (think, Home Depot, Academy, Michaels, Joes Crab Shack, etc) so it doesn't have the most scenic views but those places are very convenient if you need them. Wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic getaway but served its purpose as a safe,nice, reasonably priced hotel stay for my family. Thanks Hyatt!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife, daughter and I had a 5 night stay here from May 26 through June 2. We had stayed at a different Hyatt Place in Nashville last year and chose to stay here because of that experience. Just like last year, we had a wonderful stay and I would highly rate this hotel. The staff were courteous, professional and helpful in all regards and the hotel was clean.

During our stay, we had to change rooms for the last two nights and we were given a room above the pool. I have to agree with another reviewer that there was more noise from this, but it ended fairly early. However, some other people were chatting in the pool area and that noise also carried up to the room. We eventually contacted the front desk who immediately asked the people to move inside, which they did.

We also spent a lot of time in Memphis and the trip back and forth was pretty easy too.

Room Tip: Try to avoid getting a room above the pool.
1  Thank Zoomerman
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My stay left so much to be desired. Holiday weekend so yes it was packed but more attention should have been directed to my room. The room given to me was right above to pool and boy was the noise loud all weekend long. The refrigerator door fell to the floor the first time we opened it. The tv remote had no battery cover on it. The closet had an iron but no ironing board. The sofa area and bathroom were infested with ants. Housekeeping neglected to clean room one day and only one of the two elevators was working. Most issues were handled accordingly but shouldn't had occurred. Not a good look at all.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coolb314
annette l, General Manager at Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

I am very sorry for the problems you experienced at my hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel failed to keep my reserved room open until my arrival. They called me at 6:15 p.m. to inform me that there would not be room for me and my daughter, and we needed to find another place to stay. They were unable to assist me with finding another location because "every hotel in Memphis is full". Customer service is not their priority. Do not call this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Millea F

I have not been made aware of this situation nor is it our policy to call our guest to say we do not have a room available. I would appreciate speaking with you about this situation. I apologize for the inconvenience.