Belz Museum of Asian & Judaic Art
Ranked #16 of 153 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Admission prices: $6 adult, $5 senior, $4 student. Free if 5 years old or under.
Phoenix, Arizona
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a private collection of Jack Belz and his wife and is absolutely amazing. The Jade pieces are like nothing I have seen in the past. Worth taking 2 hours of time needed to see everything. Some in my group felt less time was sufficient

Visited May 2013

Corinth, Mississippi
“awesome”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

this was the most awesome exhibit I have ever seen, I saw this listed in museums on the internet and knew my daughter would enjoy it, but I enjoyed it just as much or more. I wish we could have taken pictures. I would love to be able to show the chariot to people I tell about the place.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Huge pieces of China in Memphis-what a surprise”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We saved this museum for last because it was close to our hotel and we had a 3 pm flight; so were confident we could whiz thru it. What an absolute thrill to see so many fabulously wonderful pieces. An interesting combo museum, part of it treasures of all types and sizes from Asia-mostly China and the other part a Judaic museum; which we ended up whisking thru as our time was chewed up in the Asian section. Each area was more spectacular than the last; and as much as we wanted to keep it moving it was hard not to linger on every piece. There were some really HUGE pieces, animals-4 ft tall. The most fascinating object for us was the carved ivories. Whole scenes created, emerging from the object; with the minutest of details. It was really hard not to linger and look at every area of the carvings. I guess this is the largest collection of Asian artifacts in the Southern corridor. I can honestly say that each and every piece deserves a look see

2 Thank SFLollyPopCouple
Winnipeg
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been in lots of galleries before but have never seen Oriental art like this. Where did they find all this? I only wish we were allowed to take pictures, even without a flash.

1 Thank artmc
Teaneck, N.J.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed the intricate Oriental art, and the Judiac Art was very moving. It's hard to believe one family collected all of this, and donated all of it to Memphis as a museum.