“Je ne regrette rien!”
Review of The Old Forge

The Old Forge
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: IMPORTANT NOTICE: We will be closed for heavy maintenance the 21st, 22nd and 23rd on August 2017 .
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to visiting this establishment and sample some fine dining in stunning scenery. However, I was to be disappointed, the food was ok, not superb, somewhat overpriced. Atmosphere was lacking I am afraid to say.

OldForgeKnoydart, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Forge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We're so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your visit to us. This is certainly not our standard and we would like to correct the situation and ensure all guests satisfaction. We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to turn this around and offer the hospitality experience for which we are known.

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to email us direct where we may be able to look into your comments more fully. I look forward to making contact with you regarding this matter.

Your sincerely
The Old Forge Management

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's hard to top muching seafood plucked fresh from the loch, whilst soaking up the sun setting over Loch Nevis! What a place!

Thank you for taking the time to review The Old Forge. we are delighted you had a great experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Knoydart soon.

Yours sincerely

The Old Forge Management Team

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was amazed to see the poor reviews published recently. Small portions? - after a hard day's walking only one of us four men managed to finish their main course. No complaints about the quality of the food either. My friend's son had the same pasta dish two nights running it was that good. I was astonished to see Marston's IPA at the bar, all the way from Wiltshire, and it was excellent. Yes the prices are high but I would expect to pay a premium in a restaurant where everything has to come by boat.

I understand it is under new ownership - give them a break, it's really not that bad...

Thank you for taking the time to review The Old Forge. We welcome all feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Knoydart again soon.

Yours sincerely

The Old Forge Management Team

Reviewed June 24, 2013

But the food's not as good as it could be...Portions are small-ish. However still an awesome experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in knoydart for a week and ate at the old forge 3 times

The £30 seafood platters looked fab and I'm told the mussels were the best ever, I'm veggie so stuck to the mushroom ravioli which was amazing, albeit a little pricey at £12. Was also 2 other veggie choices

The service was ok although there were only 2 waitresses who seemed run off their feet when it was busy at the weekend

On our final night there was a local band playing which gave the place a good atmosphere - and there was no collection for tips or pushing of cds like you'd get in some places

Overall I'd recommend a meal at the old forge, but check your bill as we were over-charged on wine 2 out of the 3 times we ate there

The tea room is also worth a visit, although only 1 veggie option of sweet potato & Philly for £9. My friends had the fish pie which they said was nice. Their twist on the prawn cocktail also looked fancy with huge prawns

1  Thank Liz H