Picking up our boat we decided not to travel too far before our first night stopover. We moored at the hotels pier and smartened up for supper. After a short walk we were seated with our g&ts in a rather splendid hotel. After selecting our supper we were unexpectedly requested from our seats by a loud dinner gong. Great stuff and adds to the atmosphere of the place. Being off a boat we weren't as formally dresses as some hotel guests, but what the heck.....it was the best meal we had all week....and a comfortable overnight mooring as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland. Great touring base, stay for a few days and explore the Highlands - 7 miles from Loch Ness, 40 miles south of Inverness, 25 miles north of Fort William and just 50 miles to the Isle of Skye. Set in 60 acres, well away from the road, lots of local walks. Free WiFi in every bedroom and public areas. Family run for over 50 years. The building has not been extended and there is no annexe, all bedrooms are in the original house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Glengarry Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Castle Invergarry
- Hotel Glengarry Castle
- Glengarry Castle Hotel Invergarry, Scotland