The highlight of our stay in Scotland was a night at the Glengarry Castle Hotel. We booked the deluxe double room with the dinner. The property is stunning. The hotel is on the loch with a beautiful view of the mountains and lake. Our room was on the 2nd (3rd in US) floor with no elevator. But the staircase is a treat and there is help for your bags. The room was very large with a sitting area and four poster bed. At night it is very dark and quiet and peaceful. The dinner was a set menu with five courses, extremely wonderful. The breakfast was typical Scottish fare or lighter choices. The staff was friendly and very kind. I loved having after dinner coffee in the lounge. We will go back when we are in Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland. Great touring base, stay for a few days and explore the Highlands - 7 miles from Loch Ness, 40 miles south of Inverness, 25 miles north of Fort William and just 50 miles to the Isle of Skye. Set in 60 acres, well away from the road, lots of local walks. Free WiFi in every bedroom and public areas. Family run for over 50 years. The building has not been extended and there is no annexe, all bedrooms are in the original house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Glengarry Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Castle Invergarry
- Hotel Glengarry Castle
- Glengarry Castle Hotel Invergarry, Scotland