“Another excellent stay”
Review of Cnoc-na-Faire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arisaig
Cnoc-na-Faire
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Arisaig
Largs, United Kingdom
“Another excellent stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was a real pleasure to return to Cnoc na Faire again. This small hotel in a beautiful setting once again surpassed our expectations. Good honest home cooking with the best local ingredients, first class service and attention to detail that you just cant match anywhere else makes this our first choice for a short break everytime. Would recommend this to anyone wishing to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fife Scotland
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

First time I stayed I loved it so much I went back for my 60th birthday and had a wonderful stay. The owners David and Jenny are so helpful and friendly, the staff are the best with an excellant menu and superb local food. If your not completely hungry then don't order a fish chips and mushy peas, the size of the fish is huge.
I will certainly be returning in the future as the peace of the area is so relaxing. Many thanks to everyone at the hotel for a superb stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have been to stay a number of times and both love it so much we had our wedding there!

All of our stays have been fantastic! My wedding was absolutely perfect - there was not a thing that I needed to worry about regarding the entire day. Everyone went out of their way to make it stress free from the planning to the execution. It was the most wonderful day and I could not have wished for a better day. We had issues with getting skype set up for overseas relatives to be able to see the ceremony so David borrowed a video camera and ran around taking a video just in case. The flowers were amazing and David had made the bridal flowers unique in that it was a two sided arrangement - one with scottish flowers and the other with South African.

Pauline and Jenny were both amazing in organising the rest of the day and for calming my nerves. I cant honestly say enough about this place and the people who run it .

The food is absolutely mouth watering and the fish and chips defeat us everytime we have them - more like a mini whale than fish! Every meal we have had has been delicious and our wedding meal had people delighted.

We will be back time and time again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My Dad and partner stayed here for 4 nights over Easter. He is 76 and had never been to Scotland before. We were coming anyway, and bringing our caravan so suggested that they stay at the nearby hotel. David, Jenny and staff helped to make it a stay to remember and a visit never to forget for them both. They were thoroughly spoiled by Pauline and a big "thank you" to her for coming in early on Easter Sunday to make their breakfasts so we could get the ferry to Skye. She had also remembered that when I made the booking I had asked about a room with a view. There wasnt one available but on the their fourth day she asked them if they would now like to move as one was now vacant. They would have only had the room for one night, but decided to stay where they were. It was a lovely gesture - thankyou. We were also made to feel very welcome when arriving to collect the parents. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, and in the bar on the second night. Both evenings, the meal was lovely. My Dad was made up with the complimentary decanter of whisky on the landing and did indulge a couple of evenings. My Dad was thrilled with his first trip to Scotland. The weather was outstanding and with a comfortable, homely hotel with friendly staff, they are already talking of a return visit. Thank you to you all
Regards Lorraine

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were advised to come and have a meal here.

We both had Venison casserole with chunky veg and potatoes. We sat in the bar. It was a very busy place but lovely and the staff were great. The venison was so tender and The best i have ever tasted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been visiting Arisaig for many years and know the area well but this was my first stay at Cnock-na-Faire. A warm welcome; clean, comfortable and well appointed room; good food and great breakfast. The owners have paid attention to a lot of little details - from the complimentary decanter on the landing, a proper hairdryer in the bedroom and even a hot water bottle should you get chilly - although the heating worked so well I doubt you would need it.

This may have been my first stay, but it won't be my last.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northallerton
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Cycled from Mallaig for an early bar meal and it was certainly well worth it. Nice staff, warm welcome, good (but bottledand expensive) real ale, tasteful modern decor, very light and clean, interesting people to listen to, papers to read.... then the food arrived... wow...fantastic tastes - fresh steamy local mussels in wine followed by scallops. I'll never forget it - truly outstanding and compliments from me to the chef.
Finished off with a wonderful ride back along the coast road with stunning views and beaches. I'll be back - preferably to stay next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank noryorkie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arisaig
Arisaig Hotel
Mingarry Park Luxury Accommodation & Restaurant
The Prince's House Hotel
The Prince's House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Glenfinnan

Been to Cnoc-na-Faire? Share your experiences!