Ledgowan Lodge Hotel
The Torridon(Torridon)
$510
$207
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
$112
  • Bar/Lounge
Loch Maree Hotel(Talladale)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsledgowan lodgeopen firereception areabeautiful hotellight lunchstopped for lunchdining roomcullen skinkfruit sconesfull scottish breakfastsingle roomisle of skyefiresscotlandstagcraigdeer
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Totally enjoyable experience! After a long rail journey we were collected from the station and whisked up to the hotel... log fire..warm welcome and fabulous food. Charming surroundings, attentive staff and an unbeatable ambience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rod M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife & I booked into Ledgowan Lodge main hotel's large double room for 1 night on 08/17/2012. We had driven up from Eilean Donan & were looking for a relaxing evening & breakfast - and we got it in every aspect. My wife's roast lamb dinner & my filet were cooked perfectly to order & we ate it in the bar area. The service was wonderful - a very memorable meal. But what followed was truly memorable - talking with 2 other guest couples in front of the very inviting wood fire - enjoying a wee dram or 2 of the extensive single malt selections. We loved every minute of it.

The large double facing the lake in front was very comfortable & furnished with antiques to make us feel that we were in a time-warp back to Victorian times. The mattress, however, was up-to-date & very firm to our liking.

The full breakfast was wonderful & got us on our way the next morning. We would definitely return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I and two friends stayed on the 10th August at a cost of £160. We asked for the lamb dinner. The waitress offered us "Chips OR vegetables" When queried she insisted that was the case and indeed that is what our dinner consisted of. Lamb served with packaged undercooked chips at a cost of £10.95. The waitrees served my wine by pouring a full glass on the bar table and then plonked the lot in front of me. Why do you not spend ten minutes training staff as to how to serve a meal properly -- especially as this place has country house pretensions with added `fine dining. When I complained the manager informed me that this was to `save costs'. The showers did not work and when I complained the same manager explained that there was a problem with the water pumps and that it would cost a lot to fix. How is that Visit Scotland gives this place a three star rating. Do they check?
So if you want to pay a lot of money for showers that do not work and poor quality food with an emphasis on cost cutting the Ledgowan is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Derek L
manager3, Guest Relations Manager at Ledgowan Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

If we could just check the facts on a couple of points. I would like to point out that we as a hotel would not behave in the manor as you did with the staff or myself (manager) on checkout, and we have to follow guide lines here on and can not say anything negative against yourself.
If you had of wished to pay for restaurant service that is more attentive in our restaurant than our informal bar dining you most certainly had the opportunity to do so. However you did wish to eat in the bar, where pouring a glass of wine to the full government stamped fill line of 175ml is standard practice and you for sure would have had something to say if the waitress had of only half filled your glass. I agree in our finer dining restaurant, then our over sized wine glasses are only a ¼ filled from wine brought by the bottle. But again wine served by the glass in the bar is served by the mesure and must be filled to the fill line. I’m not sure what you mean by “plonked the lot in front of you” I’m guessing she poured the wine to the fill line and placed the glass on the bar mat in front of you, again standard bar service practice, again if this was in the restaurant things would have been different as that’s when attentive finer elegant service comes in. It would appear that you were expecting 3 star finer dining services in our bar and at bar prices.
When you mentioned about the lamb dinner, as stated on our menus all our main courses come with either chips or a selection of vegetables and new potatoes. Of course the choice is yours if you have veg or chips you chose chips, you could have had both its just one would have come out as a side order and charged extra for. We don’t think our lamb dinner is over priced at £10.95. And I didn’t say that we don’t offer both to “save money” as you put it, I said it keeps our prices lower to offer one or the other, then the guests that do wish both would pay the extra of a side order, otherwise our lamb dinner would be more than £10.95 to account for both chips and veg. If you were in business sir you would appreciate the fine line of keeping prices down and still having enough margins to giving value for money to guests and of course making a few pounds in the process to cover over heads.
The shower in your room, yes when you mentioned no water coming out of your shower head, I assumed that it was down to one of our hot water pumps that had started to go lazy, putting pressure on the other one to cope with high demand from a full hotel, we were waiting for a new pump to be put in, I was trying to apologise to you and explain but your were walking away from me up the stairs as I was trying to tell you... after you checked out we looked at your shower head and actually the rubber washer in the mixer tap and come free and got stuck in the inlet to the shower head and was restricting the flow of both hot and cold water to the shower head. This has now been replaced and is working fine. Also as you were trying to make us look as unprofessional as you could you also forgot to mention and tell everyone that we did infact compensate you by discount off your bill for the lack of a shower even though you could have had a bath. And I didn’t say that the water pumps cost allot to fix, incidentally they aren’t cheap no! But what I said was that we try our best to make sure everything is perfect and to a high standard for guests and when we do thing to the hotel it’s not cheap to do, so please don’t take my words and turn them round. But £160 (£53 per person) is not at all expensive for a 3 star country house hotel like Ledgowan. And yes we are checked by visit Scotland each year and we score very well indeed in the 3 star country house hotel bracket.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

A beautiful, traditional Highland Lodge. We stayed at the Bunkhouse on a recent Munro bagging trip. This was clean and comfortable, although perhaps another bathroom would be a good idea.We used the hotel facilities-excellent food ( a first rate chef here) and very helpful, friendly and courteous staff. We were very impressed by the excellent service we got.It was a joy to spend our evenings in the gorgeous lounge of this lovely place after a hard day on the hills.One day we are going to go back and treat ourselves to a night in the lodge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SherpaMold
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I had a most enjoyable stay in this delightful hotel. The building is very impressive - a typical Victorian highland lodge - and the owners have furnished it with a wonderful range of furniture that is exactly right for the period. The bedroom we had was very comfortable with all the facilities we needed and the en suite bathroom was modern, well equipped and scrupulously clean. The food was excellent and there was a good range of locally sourced dishes. The most enjoyable aspect of our stay, however was the friendly, courteous and unfailingly professional staff. Achnasheen is a lovely place to visit anyway, very central to many of the most scenic areas of the highlands: a visit there is enhanced by a stay in this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple