“Fab wee place!”

Ranked #8 of 24 Stranraer B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Fab wee place!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recently stayed at Fernlea on a recommendation from the Old Manse which was happened to be full when I last overnighted on a business trip. I could not fault my hosts, the establishment or their hospitality at all. Nothing was too much trouble. Finally a fabulous breakfast to start the working day topped my stay off nicely.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LANDKD, Owner at Fernlea Guest House, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us enough to take the time to say such nice things.
I look forward to greeting you the next time you are here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pontmain, France
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place is great in fact I thought it was so good I tried to persuade Kenny to compete in Four in a Bed because they would win hands down but Kenny was having none of it. I am not an easy reviewer as you will see if you look at some of my reviews but I do sincerely believe I am fair and accurate and this guest house is great. Lynn and Kenny gave us a friendly welcome a spotlessly clean en suite room and a superb breakfast, what more could you want for £65. If you are traveling to Belfast from Cairnryan this is the place to stay, believe me you won't be disappointed. Thanks Lynn and Kenny for your hospitality. Bob an Geoff Newcastle upon Tyne.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
LANDKD, Owner at Fernlea Guest House, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Hi Bob & Geoff,
Thank you sooo much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both. Kenny and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Ireland and sincerely would welcome you back to Fernlea anytime. Keep in touch and let us know how you are enjoying your retirement when it comes. Once again, thank you for taking time out to say such nice things. :) L & K
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Yes, you've guessed it - the bedroom & ensuite in this B&B is VERY clean.
The couple who run it are very friendly & helpful & breakfast was excellent.
Can't fault this B&B - recommend it to anyone. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank missimodo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about your recent stay with us here at Fernlea Guest House. I’m very happy that you enjoyed stay We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
kind regards

Sussex Inlet, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Friendly checkin and taken up to our room, which was on the small side but had everything you could want. Eveything was sparkling clean and looked nice.

We were given good advice on where we might find a nice dinner, got lost and found a local hotel, which was fairly basic, but we were well looked after.

Breakfast was served at a time of our request as we had to catch the ferry from Cairnryan. Nicely cooked and far too much food, just couldn't fit it all in !

We met the children of the house as they were off to school and both were pleasant, well adjusted young people...we hope they succeed in what they plan to do in life.

Thanks to all the family for a pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank autumn19
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am delighted to know that your experience has been a success and I will happily share your comments with the children. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the not to distant future.

regards
Selkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2011

It began badly for both Lynn the proprietor and myself. I arrived at 6.30pm and Lynn wasn't expecting me - this was not her fault - my company had booked the wrong date! Despite the fact that Lynn was making dinner for her family she did have one room left and got me settled in no time at all. The room was spacious clean well presented and comfortable. The ensuite bathroom was large and spotless. Lynn got me hooked up to her free WiFi and gave me advice on local restaurants for dinner. Parking was great, off street to the rear of the premises which gives you the security you need in a town centre location. Breakfast had a nice wee twist offering Haggis rather than black pudding! Would happily stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank David M
Dear Guest,
What a lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us enough to take the time to say such nice things.
I look forward to greeting you the next time you are here.

kind regards
Gisborne, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed at the Fernlea Guest House, because it was so convenient to the ferry terminal, what I was rewarded with was a beautifully appointed room and an extremely comfortable bed "like sleeping in a cocoon", I noted when I arrived in Stranraer that the Stena Line Ferry terminal is relocating to Cairnryan in November, this is less than a ten minute drive from Stranraer. So Fernlea is still a perfect choice for ferries to Belfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Micannjon
West Yorkshire
Reviewed September 16, 2011

It began with a very warm, friendly from Lynn and Kenny and just got better. The rooms were tasteful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The service was excellent and although we only stayed overnight, we would have no hesitation in returning for longer or in recommending to friends.
The house is very convenient for the ferries, breakfast was very good and all in all it was a great pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tonyjev
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stranraer
North West Castle Hotel
#2 of 5 in Portpatrick
Cross Haven Guest House
Cross Haven Guest House
#7 of 24 in Stranraer

Been to Fernlea Guest House? Share your experiences!