“A good quality B&B”

Lakeview Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 25 Stranraer B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night when in the area for a football match.

Elaine welcomed us in an efficient and friendly way and made it clear she'd be happy to help us with anything concerning our stay. For us she had the balance just right without being over effusive.

The breakfast was good. - you fill in your choice and leave it out for their collection in the morning - with a good range of combinations in addition to a very filling "full Scottish".

Our only quibble was the fact that the washbasin was outside the shower/wc space and the positioning of the mirrors made them awkward to use.

There are newer reviews for Lakeview Guesthouse

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 2230 on a Saturday Evening following my ferry trip from Belfast to Cairnryan. The Guest House was situated on the main (but quiet) road through Stranraer and had a large neon sign outside which made finding the guest house a breeze. On entering, I was very warmly greeted by Allan who showed me to my room. I had booked a single room but was very kindly upgraded to a generously spacious double at no extra cost.
The room was very tastefully decorated with modern art on the walls and had a great warmly feel to it. There were lots of little extras aside from the tea and coffee making facilities, for instance, bottled water, shoe polish, a mini mending kit and a mini deoderant which were all nice little touches alongside many more.
The shower was powerful and supplied a steady flow of hot water which was much appreciated following a long day in Belfast.
The bed was superb, exceptionally comfy mattress and four pillows supplied which made for a fantastic nights sleep.
In the morning I wandered downstairs for Breakfast in the dining room where I was welcomed by Elaine who gave me a table and offered me tea and toast whilst waiting for my cooked breakfast. A selection of cereals and fruit juices were also available for you to help yourself to. The food was very fresh, tasty and was of good quality unlike other B&B's where I have stayed who use the cheapest supplies available. I was left very satisfied and set for my long drive back home.
Checking out was easy, just handing the key to Allan on my way past the Dining Room.
Would highly recommend this Guest House to anyone requiring a room in the Stranraer vacinity. Very welcoming, top quality little place - 5 Stars!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here the night before catching our ferry to Ireland - the hotel is brilliantly located as only a 5 mins drive away.

The room was gorgeous, plenty of space and the en-suite was an added bonus. Elaine was so welcoming and cooks a top breakfast before your on your way!

My only concern was leaving the car in a public car park! Due to relocation we had a lot of items on show in the car. However - there was no concern to be had. The towns very quiet and brilliant if you are travelling to Ireland.

Thanks again for a lovely stay Elaine! I know il be using the b&b again in the future

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We picked this property purely for it's location and price, and it worked out wonderfully. My Mom was traveling with us, and we were given two rooms just one floor up, There was a door in the hallway that could be shut, so we could leave our room door open and still have privacy. Each room had a small but complete ensuite bathroom with a shower. Speaking of which, the showers were some sort of high-tech effort, and you need to turn them on by pulling firmly down on a pull chain just outside the shower stall door. It's simple as can be once you are shown the procedure, but I spent a few minutes naked in ours getting steadily more frustrated that I couldn't get any water to flow. Once I turned the system on, it worked beautifully.

We arrived by train and wanted to do some site-seeing in the area. When we emailed Elaine about whether there would be taxi's available at the train station, she told us not to worry, she would be there to pick us up. After she got us back and settled in, she then set us up with a local Taxi Driver called George who basically took care of all our transportation needs for the next 3 days for a very reasonable flat rate. We went to and from the ferry terminal, to and from several restaurants, to and from the local golf course, and all around the area including out to the Bladnoch distillery for the tour and a few wee drams. As a tour guide he was exceptional! Alan, our host, lent me his golf clubs so I could get in a round at the Stranraer golf club, which has some excellent views and very interesting holes.

Hospitality just doesn't get better than that!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for two nights whilst we did a day trip to Belfast. Friendly welcome and 2 lovely clean and very well prepared rooms. Excellent breakfasts. All you need for a stay in this area. Recommended very highly. Stay for two nights and take a £5 return day trip to Belfast in between.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A pleasure to stay in this Luxurious B&B. Great hosts Alan & Elaine. Four of us stayed for one night whilst golfing at Stranraer. Rooms and facilities are as good as 4 star hotels in the uk. Great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Really friendly welcome from Alan who as well as showing us to our room was happy to recommend a place to eat for Dinner. Clean and comfortable rooms which appear to have been recently refurbished ( tastefully ) and come complete with tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast cooked by Elaine was tasty and plentiful, served on quality crockery !
Very centrally located and within a 10 minute drive to the Belfast ferry......

Room Tip: Room 5 ( family room ) does not have an en-suite toilet / shower albeit this facility is 'next d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nauj63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stranraer
North West Castle Hotel
#1 of 25 in Stranraer
Marine House Hotel
Marine House Hotel
#7 of 25 in Stranraer

Been to Lakeview Guesthouse? Share your experiences!