Powfoot Spa at Queensberry Bay Holiday Park

Reviewed July 8, 2018
Diana S
Isle of Arran, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews hot tub great value for money spa pool left alone hour session solway firth robes privacy campsite fridge potholes therapist dog
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Lovely and relaxing spa with privacy. Professional and welcoming hostess and beauty therapist. Beautiful views. Highly recommended

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to go somewhere we had not been before. So a wee visit on the TripAdvisor website and I saw Queensberry bay campsite. After reading the reviews I decided to book a week here with our touring caravan.
On visiting the campsite's own website I saw there was quite a few rules, which made me a worried about our booking, as we also had my husband motorbike with us. A few email to Nikki and my mind was put at rest.
Arriving at the side we received a warm welcome with a spotless site with excellent views of open fields to the back at the Solway firth to the front.
Facilities and campsite were spotless and showers were in big cubicles. £1 for 5 mins. The only negative thing was you cant controll the shower temperate. This suited me as I love hit showers but my husband doesn't.
The animals in the field behind our van were very friendly, so friendly that I have never known a sheep that would rather be petted like a dog than get some food. If you ignore his/her request you would hear him/her making sure you knew he/she was not happy everytime the sheep walk past our van
The campsite website does say its not suitable for kids as there is nothing there for them to do, unless you get great weather like we did, that allows you to sit on the beach all day. Just be aware that it can be very windy as it is right on the coast. This does help to keep the midges at bay.
I can say we had a very enjoyable experience there and will recommend it to anyone who wanting to visit that part of our beautiful countryside.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Diana S
QueensberryBayTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Powfoot Spa at Queensberry Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Hi Diana. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. You must have met our friendly sheep Poppy, she was rejected by her mother back in January this year so we hand fed her from day one. She now thinks she part of the family and is very vocal. The dogs love her and she like to pop in the farmhouse when she's passing. We;re so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I visited the Spa today following a recommendation from a friend and will be back. From the welcome at reception through to the farewell from my therapist I had no complaints. I had booked the spa for 2 hours then a Thai herbal massage to follow. I wasn't disappointed. The spa is immaculately clean and pristine, huge big fluffy towels and robes were laid out waiting for us. The view from the hot tub onto the beach and over the solway firth is lovely and calming. The spa pool is big enough to swim in, I could only manage it against the single jet the dual together was too strong for me. Lovely way to spend couple of hours when booked it's for your own private use a real plus in my eyes. Following this I chose to have the Thai herbal massage which left me so relaxed and the bonus is you get the herbal poultice to take home. I was told it will last for 4 weeks in the fridge heating up before use. The therapist was very calming and knew how to locate my stress knots and ease them. Will be interesting to see if I can manage the same on my own. All in all this is great value for money, great location, great staff, a real find I'll be passing it on to my friends so don't delay in booking up yourselves....

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank Sharon T

Hi Sharon, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your spa day with us. We hope everyone can feel as relaxed as you after a visit. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely mini spa session this morning my Daughters Father’s Day present to her Dad and lucky me got a treat to. Yet another relaxing time spent at Powfoot Spa, your made to feel welcome from the minute you arrive. I had my first ever facial and it was lovely and refreshing, Can’t thank Elaine enough. A very unique place to visit and I would highly recommend. Thanks to all the hard working staff.

Date of experience: June 2018

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your spa day and first facial. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Two large hot tubs, with a sauna, shower room and relaxing area. Everything was spotless, complimentary tea and cold water. The view from the spa was fantastic, long sandy beach and small farm animals around the area. Reasonably priced for a two hour session. Only issue was the road to the spa was full of potholes.

Date of experience: May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Lesley. We're so please that you enjoyed your spa session with us. We have only been given the go ahead recently to carry out work ourselves so we're trying hard to get the road to a better surface. Hope to see you again at Powfoot Spa