“Friendly staff, great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portpatrick
The Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Portpatrick B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Just spent two days at the Waterfront in Portpatrick. Staff could not have been more helpful or friendly - contrary to some reviews. The location is stunning and makes for a very relaxing break. Ate at the hotel one night and the food was pretty good too. Had a seaview room which had the comfiest bed ever - also the smallest ensuite I've ever seen but it served its purpose! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Waterfront Hotel

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We visited in the rain and found the staff friendly & helpful. We had a two course lunch for £10.95 each. One starter was 'black pudding & haggis covered in a creamy peppercorn sauce' it was delicious. The four of us had different main meals and all were well worth the money. A pleasant change from the ususal Sunday roast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had tried to book a table for dinner at two other places in Portpatrick without success, (it was Saturday, what did we expect?!) then tried The Waterfront. The receptionist couldn't have been more welcoming and found us a table in a small alcove just off the reception area. It was nicely decorated with a mirrored wall, proper linen tablecloth and napkins. Our meal was delightful, scallops, langoustines, seafood chowder, all tasting very fresh, with asparagus, French beans and broccoli. There are mixed reviews about this hotel, and we only had a meal there, so cannot judge the other amenities, but were grateful for a delicious meal in an otherwise fully booked town. It wasn't cheap but if you enjoy fresh seafood, we can recommend The Waterfront.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Felt like second citizen this evening . Manageress was so miserable. She seemed to have pre concieved ideas about clients . Needs to understand that peoplepaying good money to eat should be treated with the ultimate customer service . Don't Market yourself as aiming to be the best if you can't deliver . Very disappointing as travelled over 200 mile to visit. Food was good , service with a smile non exsistent!!

1  Thank rach_888
Reviewed June 7, 2010

As a party of 8 with 2 small children, we ate at the Waterfront for lunch on Saturday 5th June 2010. The waitress kindly pushed 2 tables together for us, but left the previous dirty dishes which we pushed to one side and they remained for the duration of our meal. When placing the order at the bar I was sent back to get the table number which I needed to place the order (no problem with that I suppose). When I advised the barman, he abruptly told me that I had the wrong number as although the table stated 17, the waitresses identified it as 24 else. That was worth the trip back to my table with 2 small children! We order as the descriptions stated on the menu when he became increasing annoyed that we were order things that had 'not been put on my till yet!!' After a 25 minute wait and noticing that others who ordered later than us were being served their food, I asked the waitress if all was ok, as the till was causing problems when our order was placed and I wanted to make sure the order had not been lost. She was very polite and said that the bigger tables take longer, which we fully accepted. 1 minute later a female manager appeared to challenge us, stating it was only 15 minutes (an by the way I check the till to make sure the time was only 15 mintues), the burgers take longer ..... She was very defensive and clearly ready for an arguement...maybe she has to do this regularly. I interupted her by stating that we had not in fact complained and had been happy with the waitresses explanation.
When the food came and on the whole looked very appitising. Unfortunately, our feta salad came with Brie instead and the mussels were dreadful. 80% of the shells were smashed and they were either overcooked to the extreme or where reheated.
Our bill payer brough the brie to the manager's attention who then proceeded to challenge the kitchen staff who told her that they had not been trained on that dish yet. We didn't bother to mention the mussels though as I couldn't imagine what the reason would be!
If someone preparing food does not know the difference between Brie and feta and how dangerous that could have been for someone with a dairy allergy who orders Ewe's milk cheese as an alternative, then I hate to think how the prepare live shellfish according to there sign which states 'the best seafood in town'. £14 for the mussels when you can get a top quality larger portion in Glasgow or Edinburgh for £9, just a joke.
I can't speak for the hotel as we did not stay there, but after our experience I wouldn't.
Never again

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

A very comfortable and welcoming hotel! I arrived there very, very late on Monday May 10 - at past half past eleven at night - but this was no problem to my hosts in the hotel, David and Magdalena, who greeted me warmly with a lovekly pot of tea! The next day I needed information about accommodation on the Southern Upland Way - which starts from Portpatrick and which took me 10 days to walk the 220 miles - and I was very impressed with the help which David gave me in downloading the information I needed from the web. No payment was requested for printing out many pages of information!

A lovely, warm and welcoming hotel situated in a delightful village.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed for 4 wonderful nights in May. From start to finish a superb long weekend. The Staff were excellent, Ann & Magdalina. We stayed in the Holiday Cottage (annex) next door. This was immaculate. Food and drinks excellent. I would recommend this Hotel for any type of stay. In particular our highlight was the can do attitude of the owners and staff, who always had time to stop and chat. Excellent customer service in a wonderful location. Thanks, Toby from Chorley Lancashire

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portpatrick
The Portpatrick Hotel
#2 of 2 in Stranraer
The Harbour House Hotel
The Harbour House Hotel
#9 of 14 in Portpatrick

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!