As a treat after Christmas we decided to have an D/B/B and Knockinaam Lodge who's food was recommended by the Sunday times.
Lovely setting, comfortable Hotel, nice people. Nice room but no towels - phoned reception- towels arrived. No soap ! - phoned reception - got soap.
Dinner superb untill the duck - nicely pink but very tough with wet rubbery skin. Mentioned this to very nice waitress who offered a sharper knife. Fabulous souffle and the best cheese board my husband has ever had. I was kindly given a recipe fot the sorbet I admired
Would I go back or recommend it ? I don't know. A one star meal should be perfect - it wasn't.
For the price the Hotel should have been perfect - it wasn't and has left me feeling disconcerted .So much was superb but attention to detail was lacking and having read the wonderfull reviews I feel hard done by that I did not have the same experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland