Without the welcoming signage, it is unlikely you would find the hotel, on the first attempt. The location is breathtaking and far from the "beaten track". The Cliff Walk on a windswept winter day is truly memorable, as is the hotel and it's wonderful, local staff. A warm welcome is given to visitors,by "Scott", who is a true delight. The public rooms are comfortable and pleasurable for a quiet drink or a read of your favourite book. Bedrooms have all the required amenities and the bathroom, like wise. The restaurant, is not the finest room in the Lodge, which is a pity. But the staff could not be faulted. The set dinner menu, on two nights, was consistent and fulfilling. The choices were "safe", well cooked and presented, but perhaps not showing the flair and exuberance, you might expect from an establishment nearto "Michelin" stars...... A very enjoyable stay AND A FINE BREAKFAST.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland