“lovely restaurant”

Campbell's Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“lovely restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

have visited Campbells on a few occasions and thought i should write a review. Lovely restaurant with very friendly and pleasant staff. Had a great meal there on saturday night. Its well worth a visit, it doesn't cost much more than the rest of the pubs in the village but the food is far from pub grub. Always like to visit a few times a year when we are down in the port. Only downside is its very busy, so it pays to book in advance.

• Visited October 2012

Scotland
“A Seafood restaurant but has delicious steaks”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Loved the location, service and steaks but some of our party thought the Lobster Thermidor sauce was too sweet

Visited September 2012
Glasgow
“Tastleless mussels”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I visited this Restaurant on Saturday evening (having been there a few times before without complaint). However, on this occasion I was most disappointed with my starter, which was mussels in a white wine and cream sauch (or so the menu stated). It was the most bland starter I have ever had. My husband had ordered scallops and the ham round them was very salty. However, he also tasted the mussels and agreed they were tasteless. So all in all the starters could be given a 'miss'. I had the hot shellfish platter which was just okay. My husband had the surf and turf which he enjoyed. The next night I had the ho shellfish platter in The Crown and it had mussels along with it in a white wine and cream sauce that was to die for. Campbells ought to take a leaf out of their book in the preparation of mussels. Due to disappointment and the price paid for our food with 1 glas of wine and 1 beer (over £100.00) we will not be back.

• Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Restaurant in Portpatrick!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The specials here are great as other reviewers have commented. We ate here several times as we were staying a block and a half away and could walk to the restaurant. The view is great, food wonderful and service great. Try the French Onion soup.

1 Thank nole38
Northern Ireland
“Brilliant”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited Campbell's for dinner last Sunday evening and it was as it always has been, gorgeous.
There is a special priced menu available at certain times, I believe three courses are £14.95 two are £12.95 , as I am a bit greedy I choose 3 . My starter was French onion soup which was delicious so rich and tasty served with yummy little croutons and cheese, you are also given a wonderful homemade walnut roll, my Mum did not have a starter but she was still given gorgeous homemade bread and butter .
We both had roast beef and yorkshire pudding , there were loads of other choices but I just opted for my favourite . The veg were fresh and freshly cooked, yummy hand cut chips were a delicious little extra.
The desserts were delicious I choose home made profiteroles and rich chocolate sauce . In the past I usually opt for Cream of Galloway ice cream which is probably one of the best ice creams I have tasted . I am aware there is a pastry chef in house which explains the delicious desserts .
The staff are very welcoming and attentive without making you feel watched .
The views from the restaurant and the decor within are fantastic they have the most quirky hand made cutlery which you can buy in the Lighthouse Pottery just over the road .
When you are in Campbell's you feel relaxed, comfortable and valued as a customer . Keep up the good work .

• Visited September 2012