“Variety of routes”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Variety of routes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We've been going to Dalbeattie for the last few years when we go down for short breaks. We love the trails and have built our skills and confidence due to the varying difficulty levels which you can mix and match. A mix of fast runs and technical riding, you can also choose different routes depending on weather conditions and how much time you want to be out. We really like the red route and will try out bits of black when we're feeling brave. It's always nice to get to the top to the Heart of Dalbeattie.
To be honest we haven't yet done any other 7stanes but hope to explore them in the future.
Parking: £2 max for a full day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank tunefultiger

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A bit too much fireroad for me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Unfortunately I timed my visit for the same time as logging operations so there were a lot of diversions that were "sea of mud". The trails are a bit fireroady with not enough singletrack to keep up the interest if you are a skilled biker. Good for inexperienced bikers though.

The skills/taster trails are good fun and a good introduction to off roading. I bottled log on/log off as i don't do heights. Next time.

On the whole the trails drain very well so not much mud apart from where they are logging. This is due to finish at Easter so don't let that put you off.

Great for beginners/families. Not so good for experienced riders. I will probably give it another go once the logging stops.

1 Thank podraigh
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic for all the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We all enjoyed different parts of the trail - the choice is great for all ages and abilities. The weather was cold but lovely and the scenery was beautiful.

And the dogs enjoyed going for a walk in the forest once we'd finished riding the trails!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kay G
Glasgow
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“My least favourite 7 stane”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Although still a good day out on the bike I've come to the conclusion after a few visits that this is my least favourite of the 7 stanes.

It just doesn't flow like the others. It feels like a slog getting round with too much fireroad and descents that seem to end just as they get going.

There are a few big technical highlights like "The Slab" but 90% of riders will just avoid them and take the easier option.

I think the problem is lack of elevation so you do a short climb followed by a short descent all the way round.

I don't really like to be down on the place but travelling from Glasgow I will have already driven past Drumlanrig, Ae and Mabie to get to Dalebeattie

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KicsiDongo
Ayr, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very good fun for all fitness levels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've cycled it and walked it in a hundred different ways and routes, it has some very good view points and you will no doubt come across some amassing wild life on your visit
I enjoy the walks with the dogs and have covered some of the tracks from Dalbeattie through to colvend there is a choice of long or short routes and plenty of escape routes if you tire or wish to stop
Give it a go