“Fantastic Place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Tillicoultry B&B and Inns
Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Evie our hostess was simply a delight and so natural.....We enjoyed only one night but everything was perfect.....lovely bed, delicious breakfast, and beautiful surroundings.....This is a perfect B & B....Thank you Evie

Room Tip: Quiet and very comfy.....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marymair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had 2 wonderful days in Tillicoultry, Scotland with our gracious hostess, Evie. The house, with its spiral staircase and large airy rooms was an enchanting step back in time. The breakfast was large and delicious. The beds, comfortable warm and inviting. But, it's Evie, the hostess that makes the Westbourne memorable and significant. Evie pays attention to detail and makes you feel at home. She even provides a library and invites guests to keep the book if you happen to fall in love with a good novel (which I did). All in all, the Westbourne is an easy 5/5 and we hope to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Auxerre, Bourgogne, France
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A good stay . The rooms are very beautiful and comfortable.
Thank you for this welcome.
Evie your are a very good hostess. For my part I felt very well at home. To be honest I'll have stayed a few more weeks to even discover your country and enjoy our room which was very comfortable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Auxerre, France
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very warm welcome. The rooms were comfortable and the food was good. It's a nice place to relax. Moreover Evie is a wonderful hostess. I hope that I might come back one day and why not with some friends or my family !

Room Tip: The room left is perfect if you like the darkness with streaks of light the morning ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We only stayed one night at Westbourne Guesthouse (April 2013) but I wished our schedule would have let us stay longer. We were very comfortable. We got a warm, friendly welcome from Evie. She even came out to the car to meet us. The room was large and spacious, comfortable bed. It was quiet and restful. I loved the large wooden shutters over the window to keep out the early morning light. The full Scottish breakfast was delicious. We were treated like we were special guests and would definitely come back if we are in this area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My journey had taken nearly two hours longer than expected. Sat nav said you have reached your destination but I couldn't see Westbourne House, I turned round and saw B&B sign.
I received a very warm greeting from Evie and welcomed into the house. Wow, beautiful hall and staircase.
My room was large with a double and two single beds. It was clean and warm and quiet.
I was told I might need to close the window shutters as the morning sun streams in here, it did.
Only a few minutes walk into the town so very convenient for local shops and to get something to eat.
I had very good nights sleep and breakfast next morning was five star. My pot of tea had a teacosy,homely. The full Scottish was plentiful and interesting preserves were on offer, "pomme de gellee" for example
I plan to stay at Westbourne House again and would recommend if you like a quiet well run friendly establishment.
The reviewer not liking their stay here must have unusually high standards or have been very very unlucky.
I plan to return next year.

• Stayed April 2013
Paris, France
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went for a school trip in Scotland and I was so surprised when I saw this beautiful house. And the service is excellent as well.
I've had a wonderful week in this house. Everything was perfect !
This place would be a perfect place for your holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillicoultry
Harviestoun Country Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Glendevon
The Bridge Inn
The Bridge Inn
#4 of 4 in Tillicoultry

Been to Westbourne House? Share your experiences!