“Scool trip”

and 1 more site!
Westbourne House
Ranked #2 of 4 Tillicoultry B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A good stay . The rooms are very beautiful and comfortable.
Thank you for this welcome.
Evie your are a very good hostess. For my part I felt very well at home. To be honest I'll have stayed a few more weeks to even discover your country and enjoy our room which was very comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very warm welcome. The rooms were comfortable and the food was good. It's a nice place to relax. Moreover Evie is a wonderful hostess. I hope that I might come back one day and why not with some friends or my family !

Room Tip: The room left is perfect if you like the darkness with streaks of light the morning ;)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We only stayed one night at Westbourne Guesthouse (April 2013) but I wished our schedule would have let us stay longer. We were very comfortable. We got a warm, friendly welcome from Evie. She even came out to the car to meet us. The room was large and spacious, comfortable bed. It was quiet and restful. I loved the large wooden shutters over the window to keep out the early morning light. The full Scottish breakfast was delicious. We were treated like we were special guests and would definitely come back if we are in this area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My journey had taken nearly two hours longer than expected. Sat nav said you have reached your destination but I couldn't see Westbourne House, I turned round and saw B&B sign.
I received a very warm greeting from Evie and welcomed into the house. Wow, beautiful hall and staircase.
My room was large with a double and two single beds. It was clean and warm and quiet.
I was told I might need to close the window shutters as the morning sun streams in here, it did.
Only a few minutes walk into the town so very convenient for local shops and to get something to eat.
I had very good nights sleep and breakfast next morning was five star. My pot of tea had a teacosy,homely. The full Scottish was plentiful and interesting preserves were on offer, "pomme de gellee" for example
I plan to stay at Westbourne House again and would recommend if you like a quiet well run friendly establishment.
The reviewer not liking their stay here must have unusually high standards or have been very very unlucky.
I plan to return next year.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went for a school trip in Scotland and I was so surprised when I saw this beautiful house. And the service is excellent as well.
I've had a wonderful week in this house. Everything was perfect !
This place would be a perfect place for your holidays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Booked two rooms as visiting family. Eve came out to greet us, then showed us to our very spacious rooms. Fully equipped with all we needed for our stay. Breakfast was huge and set us up for the day. Set in a secluded location at the foot of the hills, parking on-site. Will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

After struggling through very busy mid-day traffic in downtown Stirling we decided to keep driving out of town to find a more quiet location to stay the night. We stopped at a small hotel which had no rooms available, but a friendly and helpful staff member (who made a call to check on availability) gave us directions to the charming Westbourne House located a reasonable distance from Stirling Castle and in a quiet area.

B&B owner, Evie, met us with a cheerful, warm welcome and, after showing us the rooms, gave us a thorough rundown on everything we’d need to know to ensure a comfortable stay, including local restaurant suggestions. Our en-suite room was the largest we’d seen on our trip throughout the UK. High ceilings also contributed to the feeling of spaciousness. A very tasty full English breakfast was available with the always appreciated pot of piping hot tea. (We’ve given up on ever being served a ‘proper’ cup of tea in a restaurant or hotel here in our native U.S. and so took full advantage of this wonderful tradition each day of the trip.)

Although an old house, Westbourne has loads of character and the owners have done a lovely job of presenting its best features. We would offer only one piece of constructive criticism and that would be to perhaps invest in a few new mattresses. Understanding that mattress comfort can be a highly individual thing, we found the beds to be much too soft. Other than that it was a comfortable night.

Room Tip: We stayed in the large en-suite (with three beds) and found it very spacious and bright. It was help...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillicoultry
Harviestoun Country Hotel & Restaurant
Broomhall Castle
Broomhall Castle
#1 of 1 in Menstrie
The Clock House B&B
The Clock House B&B
#3 of 4 in Tillicoultry
Inglewood House and Spa

Been to Westbourne House? Share your experiences!