See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Westbourne B&B for a weekend as we had a wedding in Alloa. After getting a little lost (my terrible sense of direction!) we found the gorgeous house. Evie was such a fantastic host and could not have done more for us. She explained everything from where to park, what keys opened what door, when & where breakfast was, where to eat in the area and even how to work the TV. I was worried about the beds as I'm awaiting back surgery for slipped discs and sleep on memory foam at home but I had no problem at all.
The house has alot of character and the rooms are basic but clean. Yes it's not the Ritz but then again nor are the prices! The whole family were polite and friendly. We paid for a late checkout on the Sunday and Evie even brought up bacon, sausage and haggis sandwiches to our room. Well above the call of duty! Overall we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Nicwham
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Another lovely visit to the area and to Westbourne. Great house run by a lovely couple.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jdrew3009
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had a beautiful big room with ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was fabulous with choices for each of three days. This is an ideal base for visiting anywhere in Scotland, particularly the central belt; Stirling, The Trossachs, St Andrews, Glasgow areas in particular, but also an excellent half-way stop between the Borders and the Highlands. We will certainly be back.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I picked this B&B because I looked for a place to stay which should be close to my friend's wedding venue, not too expensive, accessible by public transport and have opportunities for hiking in the vicinity. I couldn't have picked better. I had a wonderful time, starting each day with a splendid breakfast (even for a non meat-eater), followed by a hike on one of the nearby trails into the Ochil Hills, and ending relaxing on the lawn. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights whilst attending a christening in Dollar. It was very convenient. Ken came out to meet us and was most welcoming. There was no problem with parking as he explained where to leave the car! We had a very pleasant family room for 4 adults with bathroom. It was warm and comfortable. Plenty of towels and hot water. Chocolate biscuits in the room! A great breakfast - prob the best we have been offered, and served in a lovely hall! Evie, Ken and Billie are a lovely family and were very hospitable. Would stay again and recommend it! Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2012