See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Just back from a week's stay at Westbourne House. My husband and I were due to stay near Stirling for a couple of nights and then planned to travel on to Perth and Dundee. However, after our first night's stay and the tremendous hospitality we received on our arrival, we decided to base ourselves at Westbourne House and tour around each day from there. The beautiful entrance, high ceilings, ornate coving and the curved staircase took our breath away. The room we stayed in was warm, clean and comfortable. All in all, our stay was delightful and we liked very much the way the Parsons welcomed us into their lovely home. We would recommend this outstanding bed and breakfast to anybody considering a stay near Stirling. Thank you for a lovely stay - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Westbourne House for two nights whilst we attended a wedding in Dollar. The accommodation was delightful, the house has lots of character and is set in it's own grounds and is a great venue for touring. Mr and Mrs Parsons could not have looked after us better - the room was spacious and comfortable, the evening meal provided late for us was outstanding and the breakfast was freshly cooked to perfection - we were even asked if we cared for Haggis to be included in the 'full breakfast 'option ! We shall return to this B&B if we are up in Scotland again and strongly advise a stay in this delightful old house.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband has managed hotels for twenty years and we think this is the worst stay we have ever had in any accommodation in the world. We stayed at this b&b for a few nights. There were many things which were unacceptable and unbelieveable. The double room was too small as well as the window and lacked any natural light. The bed mattress was lumpy and caused us sore backs. The decor, furniture shower etc are all substandard. The room was NOT serviced for three nights. This meant we had to make our own beds. After it was finally ‘serviced’ the tea and coffee and milk stocks were not topped up and I found myself having to go downstairs and interrupt by asking for some.
I found that when I walked on the bedroom floor in my bare feet lots of ‘bits’ stuck to my feet and I looked under the bed to find an empty plastic water bottle plus what looked like old fur this obviously had not been hovered for some time. On the last night there was no heating and it seemed that the heating had been turned off as the radiator control had not worked.
We were awoken by the owners young son making a lot of noise downstairs at six am in the morning. We were not told about the procedure for breakfast which involves ordering this the evening before. When we went for breakfast at 730am a rather dishevelled looking Ken asked if we wanted tea or coffee and do we want something cooked. To which he replied grumpily it needs to be ordered the night before and the Aga takes a long time to warm up (although we heard bacon sizzling two mins later). This was a uncomfortable start to our stay. During breakfast music (fairly loud) was played on a i pod which in our opinion was inappropriate to make people listen to pop music at that time of the morning. The parking situation was very odd. Basically the house is split into many properties (not detached what it looks like in the photographs) and there is a lack of parking. My partner was not told where to park and much to Ken’s annoyance he had parked in the wrong place twice. Again this became another stress.
I cant believe this place gets away with no fire regulations or extinguishers/fire exits at all with no information in the bedroom on what to in the case of a fire plus information on breakfast time etc.
There were workmen staying at the same time who shovelled their breakfasts down and went off out for the whole day. This accommodation suited workmen better than tourists/people looking for comfort and a relaxing break.
Ultimately the whole experience was as if the owners Evie and Ken were doing us a favour and not providing a professional service for which they are being paid £60 a night for two of us. Their home life impacted too much on guests and actually left us with a very bad taste in our mouth. Only wish we had spent a little bit more and stayed at a proper B&B or the castle hotel up the road. The only slight saving grace was Evie’s friendliness and hospitality which sadly seemed to diminish the longer the stay and isn’t even enough to cover her husbands plain rudeness and lack of hygiene (as well as smoking at the front of the house constantly). It seems a one night stay is the right length of time to stay in this place before you begin to realise this place should not be operating. Its daylight and night time robbery. We warn you to stay away from here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank L C
Reviewed November 5, 2011

As an ex hotel manager I wish to thank Evie for a very enjoyable stay.
My time was brief in the B&B however during the few hours I spent in Westbourne House I was well cared for and after a comfortable nights sleep I was greeted with a very spended breakfast.
Anyone wishing to stay in Westbourne House on their travels through Scotland will be pleased with their experience

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Lovely mannor house run by very friendly and welcoming couple. I've been staying at Westbourne House for a few years - when I vist friends nearby. I wouldn't dream of looking anywhere else. Well-stocked bathroom, lovely comfortable bed and homely bedroom. Lovely biscuits and the like with the tea and coffee in the rooms and you can have whatever you want for breakfast, whether its cooked, porrage, continental. I really look forward to staying there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends