“Best Soup and Soda Bread Ever!”
Review of Tilly Tearoom

Tilly Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Tillicoultry
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Third year in the finals of Best cafe/Bistro 2017. Winner of Best cafe/Bistro in SE Scotland for 2016 and Overall Winner of Best cafe/Bistro in Scotland National Food Awards 2015. Small tearoom offering simple food, breakfasts, home made soups, breads and freshly made lunches. Good selection of homebaking including gluten free choices. Very proud of our Scottish Homebaking Award 2013/2014. Inspirational home of Mr Tilly, the loveable pug - available on Amazon books. Another Tilly Tearoom now open in Dunblane.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just a big thank you to all at Tilly's Tea Room for the lovely food and service you provide there everyday. I went there first with my five year old son to celebrate his Christmas end of term and he ate everydrop of the butternut squash and chilli soup. He also munched very happily on the soda bread. We enjoyed it so much, I brought my husband in there today and we loved the lentil soup. Your cakes are also first class and nothing is too much trouble. A really lovely dining experience! Thank you again.

Tillicoultry, Owner at Tilly Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

What a great start to 2013, an excellent review and thank you so much for taking the time to write it, it is great for us that so many of our customers write reviews. Thank you.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I kinda don't want to tell the virtues too much as I may not get a table next time I go back! When my daughter visits from Edinburgh she always asks to go to Tilly Tearoom. Why??
Is it the friendly service, attention to detail, warmth of the welcome, great coffee, amazing food, value for money?
I guess maybe all of that! I have taken several people and they always say the same thing--it is a hidden gem!

Tillicoultry, Owner at Tilly Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review....we're delighted you enjoy coming to the tearoom and I hope your daughter comes back to visit you and us lots in 2013! Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just don't want to tell you how great this place is, with it's log-burning stove, Nora's breakfasts, comforting soups and mouth-watering cakes. I don't want to tell you that the staff are friendly, welcoming and always find time for a chat and a catch up no matter now busy they are. I don't want to tell you this because that means more of you will go and next time I go the queue will be on the street (oh, there's an outdoor table too, but it's below zero in the village just now!). I do however want to say a big thank you to Nora, Thirza, Laura and all the other staff for creating this wonderful little place :)

Tillicoultry, Owner at Tilly Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for writing this witty review, I wasn't sure where it was going when I started reading it. We really appreciate your comments and it certainly made us smile when we read it - thanks again. In the meantime, I better get back to the kitchen and get the frying pan on - one black pudding, soft egg, brown toast etc!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food is delicious, cakes are to die for and I would definitely visit again. Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere and the perfect way to spend a wee while relaxing.

Tillicoultry, Owner at Tilly Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for the 'fantastic' (we like that word) review and hope you will drop by again!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I live in Dollar and have passed through Tillicoultry hundreds of times heading towards Stirling and wasn't aware of this hidden gem until last Summer when Mary & Sam at Ochil Eyes recommended it to me and my daughter. As soon as you walk through the door, you just know there is something special about Tilly Tearoom, apart from the exceptionally delicious food and service. It's difficult to describe .... but maybe this will help ...... the last time I was there, a couple from Germany were sitting at a table in the opposite corner to me, a heart-shaped, homebaked cake was served to them, then the guy got down on one knee and asked his girlfriend to marry him and she accepted, wasn't a dry eye in the house!
There is definitely something magical about Tilly Tearoom!!

Tillicoultry, Owner at Tilly Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

What a lovely review, thank you. I know what you mean, it was really romantic when he proposed (down on one knee) and thankfully she said yes...... that was a first for us and a lovely start to the weekend! Thank you for your lovely comments and taking the time to write the review.