“A welcome return”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dollar B&B and Inns
Hartlepool
“A welcome return”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our second visit to Kennels cottage and we were not disappointed. Tanya made us very welcome in this well presented charming property. After a good meal in a nearby hotel we enjoyed a very comfortable night's sleep followed by an excellent breakfast. We certainly would recommend this peaceful cottage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Molndal
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spend a great weekend at Kennels Cottage. travelling from Sweden we visit our good friends and celibrated their wedding. Kennels Cottage had all we needed and more! Nice and clean, warm and cozy, close to outstanding hillrunning in Dollar and the Ochillls. First class service and home made organic breakfast. We really loved and enjoyed the hens walking around in the garden! For a couple of nights in peace and quite we can definently recomend Kennels Cottage!!

Alva
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our 4th visit to kennel cottage and it continues to exceed our expectations. Beautiful location, clearly signposted with no difficulties in taxis returning us to kennel cottage after an evening out. Sandy and Tanya very accommodating, a friendly couple who always give a warm welcome. Would highly recommend kennel cottage to anyone looking to enjoy the countryside and to lap up the genuine hospitality. Due to the extremely pleasant experience of kennel cottages and the local area we have now decided to relocate to the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This week I had my fourth stay at Kennels Cotttage and it was just as enjoyable as my first stay! Always a warm welcome and by hosts that remember who you are! Got the same quality and comfortable room as usual, and as ever, a good nights sleep in this quiet location, set back from the road. Come breakfast time, I looked forward to one of Tanya's terrific breakfasts with oodles of choice, but - my favourite fare - poached eggs on toast, with the eggs fresh outta the free range hens that share the gardens. Then, just time for a quick chat with Tanya and Alex to catch up with the news and views. As someone who's work necessitates being away 3 and 4 nights a week this place is on my permanant list of to re-visit! All B'n B's should be like this! Be back in August with my German friends for a few days touring holiday. Highly recomended and real value for money! Steve S.

Room Tip: All rooms of a quality and a standard that is up with the best and very quiet too!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked b&b to attend a friends wedding in a nearby hotel. The taxi driver coming home at midnight could not find the Kennels (it's somewhat off the beaten track) and called the 'hostess' Tanya. My husband and I thought he was calling his controller for directions and thought nothing of it. Next morning I walked into the dining room to hear Tanya mouthing off about us and the taxi's late call to the other guests at breakfast. She then made a 'joke' of this but it was an awful to then have to sit and have breakfast under a terrible cloud. I noticed she was considerably more pleasant to the people who were paying megabucks for the classic car package but £80 for a second rate B&B is still a lot of money. I really I couldn't wait to get out of the place. As we put on our shoes at the front door she literally chucked our bags out after us. Nice enough décor etc but what an unpleasant woman.

6 Thank Kim M
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My girlfriend organized a stay at Kennels Cottage as my 40th birthday gift and it was wonderful! We were greeted by the owners, Tanya and Alex upon arrival and shown around the beautiful premises. Our room was spacious, nice, clean, and light. We had everything that we needed, such as coffee, tea, water boiler, cookies and fresh water and glasses. The bathroom came complete with organic shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. The towels were soft and lovely and both the bathroom and the room were cleaned each day. We were treated to a drink on the house upon arrival and Tanya was gracious and drove us to Dollar that same evening so that we could have dinner. The breakfast was delicious and came complete with eggs from their free range hens, tea and coffee. After breakfast, my girlfriend told me to brush my teeth and then to meet her outside only to find that there stood my surprise - the beautiful blue 1974 MG B Roadster! I was blown away and had no idea! I also saw the other cars that they owned and what a collection it was! Alex took time to show me all of the controls of the car and how to lower and raise the convertible top. We then went on a short test run where he explained the car to me and then it was my turn to test drive it back to the B&B. After that, we were given a tour book with detailed driving directions and sights and a road map and we set off for day 1 of touring! The tour was great! For the start of the second day, Alex had kindly driven our car out of the garage and parked it for us ready to go. Upon completion of the second day, we were graciously allowed to keep the car a few hours extra (normal delivery time of the car is 18:00) so that we could use it to do out for dinner. We had chosen to stay an extra day at the B&B, so it was nice to just relax and have breakfast the following morning. Tanya had been so kind to order us a taxi, so we had a comfortable morning with breakfast and then a taxi ready and waiting to take us to the airport.
The B&B also has a living room with numerous books, including many car books, DVD's and comfortable sitting areas. There was a decanter with whisky and port and we were told to help ourselves if we wanted a drink.
All in all, this was a great birthday suprise and our stay was perfect! The B&B was beautiful and the MG B was a lot of fun to drive and in excellent condition! You really could tell that Alex cares for his cars and that the discription of the MG B on their website fit the car perfectly! I would recommend this experience to any person who loves the Scottish countryside and classic sportscars! We felt very welcome and the owners were very kind, caring and professional! I didn't want to leave and I'll definitely be back some time soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent two memorable days at Kennels Cottage..
My husband was given a day's hire of an E- type Jaguar car for his 65 th birthday. We stayed at Kennels cottage the day before the drive and the day after. Tania made us vey welcome in her
immaculate presented home. The breakfast was delicious. We would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dollar
Harviestoun Country Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Blairingone
Baldiesburn Bed & Breakfast
Baldiesburn Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Pool of Muckhart

Been to Kennels Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!