“Excellent food at an unassuming hotel”

Castle Campbell Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent food at an unassuming hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After a days walk around Dollar Glen we got to Dollar village hungry. A local dog walker suggested 2 cafes and the Castle Campbell Hotel for dinner. The cafes were closed, so it was the hotel, though it didn't really seem too inviting from the outside. After a brief look on the menu, our opinions got much better. One can make good assumptions about the quality of the kitchen based on the length of the menu and the food items that make up each offer. I was still a bit unsure, but when our first course arrived, it was definitely sold to me. All three courses we had, 9 different dishes, were really lovely and interesting! I highly recommend it for dinner! As far as I remember, the prices were acceptable as well.

• Visited April 2013

“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have been here 3 times now since the current owners took over and whilst the decor and aimbience coudl do with a shot in the arm the food and hospitality are great. Really good value for money and that takes nothing away from a well thought out menu and great food.

• Visited December 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Value for money in Dollar!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I was with a group of friends and we had booked in advance due to a friend's recommendation. We had been in Dollar during the day and dropped in for a drink at lunchtime to check it out and it seemed like a friendly place. When we came back at night we were not to be disappointed. As there was a group of us we were put into a dining room of our own, good move as we can get a bit noisy at times. The standard of food and service was great, and despite me not feeling 100% I really enjoyed it. When I went out to pay the bill, one of the owners even volunteered to take a group photo on the stairs - a nice touch (and a great photo). I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area and my best wishes to the owners in the future.

Scotland
“Super Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Seven friends dined at this restaurant and our experience could not have been better. We were given a super table in a lovely room with an open fire. The owners could not have been nicer, the service was brilliant. We really enjoyed the food, the helpings were extremely generous and I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013