“First Class Accommodation”

Ranked #3 of 4 Dollar B&B and Inns
Dorking, United Kingdom
“First Class Accommodation”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed again at Tigh Ur in December and received a warm welcome as ever. Despite the cold weather at this time of year, the house was warm and cosy and my room bright and inviting. There have been yet more improvements since my last visit with the addition of mirrored doors on the wardrobes which make the rooms appear much bigger. Wi fi connection is important to me and there was no problem with the signal in the area. The annexe itself was spotlessly clean and Pete as usual provided a great cooked breakfast each day. As far as I am concerned, this is THE place to stay if you plan to visit Dollar. I plan to be back again in the Spring and will definately be staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Such kind words, thank you. Glad to have you any time and look forward to your next trip.
Rosie & Pete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have visited first time at Tigh Ur in mid August. Pete and Rosie are making us so welcome. The place is very clean and tidy. Breakfast is good. The children had the plates clean. We have a separate entrance so that it gave us extra privacy. We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
What a lovely review Christmas present from you! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Rosie&Pete
Craven Arms, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Sue and i stopped for two nights this time with Pete and Rosie. We where shooting not far from the bed and breakfast .Breakfast was excellent as usual . Same can be said for the evening meal Pete enjoys his cooking and it shows in the food he serves.We would recamend it to any one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your short stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Rosie
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at Tigh Ur on the 10th August. I was down south on business, and needed somewhere convenient to Stirling Railway Station, to lay my head. (I was meeting someone off an early train next morning). Imagine my delight and surprise when I found not just a place to sleep over, but a veritable home-from-home. Pete and Rosie could not have been more hospitable, and my room was marvellously comfortable.
I enjoyed the catering, and the chat.
Thank you very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Dollar. It was fun having you and your visit improved our knowledge of Scottish history! Thank you so much for taking the time to pen such a complimentary review for us. We look forward to your next trip and hope it may be sooner than later.

Rosie & Pete
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I spent two days at Pete and Rosie's bed and breakfast while attending a family wedding at nearby Solsgirth House. Rosie had told us by email beforehand that she would be away for the weekend, but that we would be in safe hands with Pete as he was the cook. She certainly wasn't wrong as his cooked breakfasts were excellent and really set us up for the day.

Pete was very welcoming and helpful giving us a good recommendation of where to go for dinner, and the number of a reliable taxi firm to take us to the wedding venue the next day.

We had the double room which had a comfortable bed and was very quiet. This, along with the blackout blinds, ensured we had a great night's sleep. The rooms are situated at the back of the house and are very private with a shared bathroom right next to our bedroom. The room was large, and had tea and coffee making facilities and everything else we needed, with Pete supplying us with an iron and ironing board. He even left a couple of bottles of water at our door for us returning from the wedding, which was much appreciated!

Overall, we had a great experience at Tigh Ur and would definitely return if we were back in Dollar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Pete was pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay while you were here and that he was able to run the ship single - handedly. I must go away more often !
I hope to meet you both if you are ever back this way again and we both thank you for your many compliments.

Pete & Rosie
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Recently spent another welcome week at Rosie and Pete's B&B, this time to meet up with family from the States. All very friendly and comfortable and lots of nice food.Dollar is nicely central for visiting Stirling, Edinburgh and Saint Andrews, and we even went up the coast to Montrose and visited a seaside Castle. Even though there is one at the top of the road! Definitely Recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Good to see you again and to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. This is "castle country" as you know so perhaps you might visit others in the area, next time round.
Rosie
Champaign, IL. USA
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent 10 days with Rosie and Pete in April. A fabulous experience in which everything that could be done was. Rosie helped with locations and directions and even drove us to appointments, on occasion. Pete was full of stories and helpful hints. I had heard their Dollar B&B was first class and I was not disappointed. The room was very comfortable and private with easy access to a newly decorated bathroom. Pete’s meals were outstanding. I am amazed at his repertory of dishes. Being a history buff I much appreciated the close proximity of places like Stirling, Edinburgh and St. Andrews. The many villages around Dollar held many historical gems that I was bound to miss had it not been for Rosie’s advice. The views around Dollar are spectacular and I found myself sitting in the front room for ages watching the changing cloud formations over the Ochil Hills and Castle Campbell. The hike up Dollar Glen will test you. And, if you like dogs the Labs can’t be beaten.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RosemaryLawry, Owner at Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
As you say, we are well placed for access to surrounding historic homes and monuments which remain popular with everyone. We hope you can return again soon and continue your visits to historic Scotland!
Lang may yer lum reek!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dollar
Harviestoun Country Hotel & Restaurant
Soroba House
Soroba House
#1 of 1 in Blairingone
Inglewood House and Spa

Been to Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!