My husband, son and I went to the bistro to celebrate a family birthday. We were asked to move, once we had sat down and been given drinks, to accommodate a larger party. The starters then arrived fairly promptly but it was a complete hour later that our main course came. We had to ask to have our plated removed and were told only the manager could take a pudding order, despite the waitress standing around, doing nothing (and certainly not removing used plates from tables), and that he had four tables to see before us. We left without pudding or coffee. We dropped in again 2 weeks later at 20.20 Sunday night, intending to have abar meal after a theatre excursion. We were told the kitchen was closed, and that it closed at half-past eight on a Sunday. We pointed out it was only twenty past. No food. We won't be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the Scottish Borders the Buccleuch Arms is a charming four star Inn with an incredible history dating back to 1836. In recent years the Buccleuch has earned an award-winning reputation as one of the finest Inns in Scotland, welcoming both locals and guests from further afield. Most recently of course winning Scottish Inn of the Year 2015 at the Scottish Hotel awards in April. So whether you're visiting the Scottish Borders on the new Borders Railway or passing through, make a point of stopping at the Buccleuch. We hope you'll be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccleuch Arms St Boswells
- Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders St. Boswells, Scotland