“Excellent Entertainment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eyemouth
Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent Entertainment”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just returned from a weekend break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, apart from the foggy weather.

Entertainment was excellent and also loads to keep the kids occupied. Our youngest one, Tommy, was over the moon when he met Sparky. Made our weekend.

We will be back soon.

Tam & Caroline
Edinburgh

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi Tam, thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent holiday at Eyemouth. I am pleased to read that you, Caroline & Tommy enjoyed your stay with us despite a foggy start to the days during your break. I do hope that the weather did not stop you getting out and about and a chance to explore Eyemouth & the surrounding area. I am pleased that you all enjoyed the entertainment during the weekend. We try and provide a good mixed programme of Cabaret and general family entertainment to suit our guests of all ages. Sparky remembers Tommy too! Thank you once again for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just got back from a fantastic break in eyemouth caravan park

and absolutely loved it! the views were breath taking we had a lovely time going on early morning walks around the cliffs and down in to the village. Its just the place for a quite break

my partner loves fishing and had a ball doing just that! while i had the best time ever playing the bingo every evening they put on an amazing bingo LINK UP so all the park sites link up....that makes the money fabulous its better than the GALA any time!. All the staff are lovely and go right out there way to make your stay as good as it can possibly be we loved it and cant wait to go back! so thank you and we hope to see you all so very soon xx

cheapest holiday ever

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Stacy and thank you for taking the time to review your recent break at Eyemouth. I am pleased that you enjoyed our special location and the opportunity to take in the bracing sea air with walks around the perimeter of the park. We are so fortunate to have these outstanding views. You didn’t say if your partner actually caught anything? I hope so! Maybe next time he could try course fishing on the River Tweed? I hear the salmon have now started their leaping upstream.
With our bingo now being linked with the other 38 Park Resorts Holiday Parks, the stakes are now higher and the excitement is greater than ever. We have paid out several thousands of pounds in top prizes at Eyemouth alone so far this year. Myself and all the team hope to see you back here very soon and thank you once again for your lovely comments.
england
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our first time at Eyemouth and we felt we had discovered a little piece of paradise because it is so breathtaking. Everyone we met was helpful, friendly and a real pleasure to speak too. The prom and beach were spotless and the general pace of life there enables you to relax so much. The cliff walks were very easy to navigate even for the less able bodied, so many benches to sit and enjoy the panoramic views. There is a short hill to and from the centre with a seat and a wonderfull view half way up,
Eyemouth has every facility you need and the site could not be better placed.
We will be going again to Park holidays and this is now one of our favorite places.

Room Tip: We had a silver caravan and it was warm and comfortable. A ugrade is well worth it.
1 Thank chrisnshaun
Park R, General Manager at Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
What a lovely way to describe us and I am delighted that you have ‘discovered’ Eyemouth Holiday Park.

We are blessed to live and work in this special part of the East Coast and I honestly believe it is our surroundings and relaxing atmosphere that help us to give that more personal and friendly service to all our guests, and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Thankyou for taking the time to review Eyemouth and I hope to see you again in the very near future.
Broxburn, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Eyemouth and we stayed three nights. Our kids really enjoyed the holiday. the beach was lovely. The entertainment was really good especially Linda and Stephen dancing and keeping our three year old daughter entertained we cant wait to return later in the year for a longer stay. It was a nice short relaxing break for us all and just what we needed, with nice chilled walks along the beach :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi Trisha – Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent holiday to Eyemouth. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit here - our location and the open spaces surrounding the park are perfect for a relaxing break and, as someone who walks the beach twice daily with my dog, I agree that there is something enchanting about being the only person on the beach with the waves crashing against the harbour walls. I was pleased to learn that your daughter enjoyed the party dances with the team stars. Being a quiet, laid back park, our entertainment team have to work hard in order to entertain a small numbers of children and I am delighted that they made your daughter happy. We all look forward to seeing you for that week later in the year.
Penicuik, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Originally only booked Monday to Friday (06.05.2013 -10.05.13) but extended the booking until the following Monday (12.05.13) unfortunately the caravan we were in was not available for the extended period but the change over was stress free thanks to the team in the office and the supervisor of the cleaners (name unknown) she informed us on the Thursday and again on the Friday Morning her intentions to prepare the new caravan as soon as it was vacant and true to her word we were in our caravan by 10 am (Excellent service). Also thanks to Darren in the club for his friendly attitude and his assistance when I had a problem with my phone.
As always the site and the caravans were immaculate and well equipped, this was our 10th visit and hopefully will be back later this year.

1 Thank Avrpen
Thanks for the feedback. I’m sorry that you had to change your caravan in order to extend your stay with us but, at the time of your stay, we simply didn’t have the capacity to juggle our bookings around to allow you to stay in your original accommodation. I’m pleased to read that we were able to ensure that the transfer went smoothly and I hope the extra few days justified the move.

I’m pleased to read that Darren was able to assist you with your phone it always best to let the younger team members deal with technology I think!. I’m delighted that you had another good stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on holiday No 11 back at Eyemouth.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, right next to the beach. Was very surprised on arrival as the caravan was absolutely spotless, bright and airy.

Initially had a problem in getting the fireplace to light, but one quick call to reception and someone came out within 5mins to fix for us. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Location is a very small town with nothing much to do so we took our main part of our holiday and spent it in edinburgh in the day as only an hour away, saw the dungeons, castle and camera obscure which was brilliant!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank PersianPrincess24
Park R, General Manager at Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent holiday to Eyemouth holiday park. I am so pleased that you found the holiday accommodation to be highly satisfactory and that you found our team friendly and helpful. As you say, we are less than an hour from the beautiful city of Edinburgh and I would highly recommend any of our holidaymakers to visit the city if possible. However, although small, Eyemouth itself offers a range of activities to suit all types and ages of visitor – we have a large range of local attraction information at reception and, as our team are all local to Eyemouth, we are able to give you first-hand experience of the best of the attractions in the area. Our favourites are Gunsgreen House (and it’s interactive smuggling exhibition), the Maritime Museum, Trips to see the Seals, the fabulous Coastal Path & all types of fishing are available locally.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Eyemouth in the future.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My second visit to Park Resorts at Eyemouth in the Scottish Borders was generally favourable but there were a few annoyances. The caravan (designated C1 on their map) itself was excellent - a spacious and comfortable lounge with open views (but see later), a well equipped galley, three bedrooms with more than ample cupboard space and rudimentary electric central heating. It was also very clean and pleasant with no lingering smell of dogs and fags in this particular model.
The problem began when I noticed after unpacking that it was directly adjacent to the communal bin store - the only one on the site as far as I could gather - and no attempt had been made to disguise the half dozen or more commercial sized wheel bins. The constant flow of vehicular traffic visiting to dump their weekend trash seemed never ending and inevitably also attracted flocks of scavenging seagulls once the bin lids had been carelessly left open. I'm glad it was not summer! The final straw was witnessing a commercial vehicle arrive (a local shopkeeper I think) who then proceeded to empty the waste contents of her van into the bins before departing - if Park Resorts are interested I have full details of the vehicle including registration and telephone number noted - sadly this kind of thing goes with my job!
Also, within 50 yards of the caravan was the tarmac surfaced ball game court - a nice thoughtful facility no doubt, but the sound of children and particularly adults pounding footballs from early until dark quickly becomes very tiring, especially when you consider that caravans have virtually no soundproofing. I was so very glad when it rained on Sunday lunchtime.
To round-off this quiet weekend break, at 9pm on Saturday night a nearby caravan decided to have a drunken party with a boombox blasting out until 2am. Wonderful - don't you just love considerate party people.
Now, obviously I could have tackled all this myself or complained to the site office, but I don't go on holiday in order to do that as I expect the paid employees to notice these things.

Sorry to sound so very negative and please don't let this honest report put you off as in many ways the park is very good and well kept in my opinion and Eyemouth itself is a curious little place and quite fascinating, I just didn't have the restful weekend I was expecting or hoping for.
I shall actually visit again, but will make a point at booking time of ensuring that Park Resorts have read my report!

Room Tip: If you like constant noise, seagulls and trash ask for caravan C1 at booking time
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Park R, General Manager at Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Whilst I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the caravan that you were allocated for your stay with us, I am disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with the location of the caravan. I can fully understand the potential for noise issues emanating from the recycling area on the park and will carefully monitor this issue moving forward. We have had no other guests unhappy with the location but one dissatisfied guest is enough for me to take action if required. Ironically, we plan to start some work in screening off this area over the next couple of weeks but thank you for this useful suggestion.

The all-weather sports play area is popular with children visiting the park and we use this area for running sports activities with the children. However, this area is locked up in the evening to prevent any disruption to our owners and guests, and can only apologise for your frustrations.

We do not tolerate bad neighbours on this park and I have checked the security diary and we did have cause to speak to some guests on that evening. Should you have rung the security number on your key tag, we might have been able to have the music turned down earlier. However, that said, I should apologise if your evening was adversely affected. I am delighted to read that despite this, you plan to visit us again and please feel free to contact me personally ahead of that visit and I will ensure that you are allocated accommodation in a different area of our beautiful park.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eyemouth
Dunmuir Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dunbar
The Bantry Bed & Breakfast
The Bantry Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 12 in Eyemouth

Been to Eyemouth Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!