“Simply the best!”

Churches Hotel & Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Churches Hotel & Seafood Restaurant only use the freshest of fish and seafood direct from Eyemouth Harbour. Every meal is created from fresh, raw product and served in our elegant conservatory overlooking the Harbour. Now recognised as the premier Seafood Restaurant in the Scottish Borders, you can review some of our guests' comments on Tripadvisor. Private parties catered for. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment on 01890 750401.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am not one that uses the internet often, but after dining at Churches Seafood Restaurant I felt that I should allow others to be aware of my truly fantastic experience in June this year.
I have visited many seafood restaurants, and must say that this has to be close to, if not the best of all the places I have been.
My partner and I checked in to our room mid afternoon and we were warmly welcomed by Lawson and Lesley. We were then shown to our room which was breath-taking. We stayed in a spacious room with a four-poster bed, mini fridge and en-suite. The view from the windows are enough to make you want to not leave the room. This hotel is cleaned to a high standard, everything was spotless and shining. We felt comfortable immediately and couldn't wait for dinner.
Lawson and Lesley are both very friendly and from the outset made my partner and I feel very welcome.
Our reservation for dinner was at 7pm in which we were shown to the lounge area for pre dinner drinks. The interior again was breath taking. After a glass of wine we were taken to our table in which we did not have to wait for long before our starters arrived. As Lawson and another waitress came through with our smoked salmon starter and mussels we were blown away by the presentation. Lesley (the chef) has such a creative personality which shines through in her cooking.
My husband had the halibut and I had the lobster for our mains and again it was perfection on a plate. Lesley sure knows how to cook! The portions are very generous and although we were both full up we couldn't resist having a final course.
I had the meringue and saying it was beautiful is most definitely an understatement. The presentation again was mind-blowing. The meringue was huge and served with mixed berries. I savored every mouthful.
My husband had the cheeseboard in which he was given a fine selection of the best cheeses and crackers. The perfect end to a perfect meal he said.
Lesley's cooking is to a high standard, along with the service you receive. The whole dining experience is one that you cannot and won't want to forget.
We have passed through Eyemouth a couple of times in which we have dined at other places but did not think much of the food. To us, there is only one real restaurant in Eyemouth and it is Churches.

We will most definitely be back, and also be recommending to friends. Thank you again for such a memorable stay.

M

1  Thank Michelle L
Churches-Eyemouth, Owner at Churches Hotel & Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Your review is very, very welcome. You and (almost) all of our other customers clearly appreciate all of our efforts.

So many thanks once again.

Lesley & Lawson Wood

Reviewed August 3, 2013

i like to think of myself as a bit of an amateur chef and seafood is my passion so after living in the Borders for the past 4 years i discovered Churches, i took my Sales team from Haggerston Castle and to say the food is great is an understatment?
The owners Lesley (the Chef) and Lawson front of house are really passionate about there restaurant and no wonder its fantastic, from the moment we arrived we were showed into a great loung area for pre dinner drinks and then showed to our table, the menu is great with fresh Lobster, Halibut,Turbot and more, we started with 2 dozed Linderfarn Oysters just to wet out appetites and a few ice cold bottles of Chablis, three of us had the Halibut which i can recomend a couple had grilled Lobsters (outstanding) take my advice get there quick it great.

1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went here with my wife and a friend on 31st July. Was looking forward to it, but not sure what to expect in terms of value (quality for the money). My starter and main were both delicious. The main (the halibut) was a great piece of fish and cooked perfect. I am a big eater, and after my meal i was satisfied and felt good. The wine was spot on- they pick and change it to go with the changing menu. I live local and look forward to going back! Final point: nice, relaxed, attentive service.

1  Thank MichaelHQ
Churches-Eyemouth, Owner at Churches Hotel & Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Many thanks Michael, it is very encouraging to know that we also appeal to locals and that you understand what we are doing here at Churches.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

maybe i was expecting to much.the food was ok but not very much of it and i thought it was expensive. there are other eateries around which seem to be better value for money .just my opinion sorry.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

see our main review of this wonderful restaurant. Just cant be bettered in all Scotland. Lesley Lawson is a star in the kitchen with the freshest food beautifully prepared and served.