“stop off”
Review of Black Bull Hotel

Black Bull Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duns
Black Bull Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Duns B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stopped off for lunch today had a beautiful steak dinner and wife had the scampi very full plates and first class service followed with a glass or two of stella chilled perfectly overall first class will stop off again when we pass. price was reasonable

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimbohynd
Hayley T, Manager at Black Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your review! Very glad to see you enjoyed your lunch & we hope to see you again when you're passing!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I and my two work colleagues travelled from Northern Ireland to stayed for four nights (10th-13th Nov 2013). I must say that the staff were all very friendly and the food was excellent, especially the venision. I would have no hesitation in recommending this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rodney D

Thank you very much for your review! Very glad you enjoyed your stay! Your reindeer friend provided us with entertainment for a few nights, we hope to see you all again if you're ever in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at The Black Bull for 2 nights and found everything was perfect. Lovely traditional pub with very clean bedrooms. Staff were extremely friendly and the breakfast delicious. If you are in the area I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dabel1

Thank you very much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay & we hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times now and really can't complain at all. Friendly welcome and the staff are so nice and courteous. We had a three course meal and a bottle of wine. Food was really good and well cooked and presented Value for money without a doubt I would have no hesitation in going back

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank easy05
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last Night {20/4/13} I took my Husband to the Black Bull for a meal, Straight away we were welcomed and taken to our table, The service was great and the food was out of this world I had the venison it just melted in your mouth so tender, My Hubby had the special the Lamb Rump I had a taste and that was just as good, we had starters to I had haggis balls in Drambuie and he had the scallops and prawns both very good we don't normally have a pudding but seen as it was his birthday we both had the sticky toffee pudding and when it cam one portion would of done to and it was to die for. I would recommend the black bull to any one we have been before and we have never had any complaints the food is so lovely you all must try.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan h
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I often visit the Black Bull, the staff are extremely friendly especially Hayley and Katie. The food is always perfect, service is spot on. They offer real ale at very reasonable prices. No other pub in Duns comes close to competing with the high quality service, ingredients and atmosphere. Highly recommended - a hidden gem.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeBiDi
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The blonde barmaid was such good banter I enjoyed my pints at the bar and would definitely return. Such a charming you g lady. Such a friendly atmosphere, not a fan of other pubs in duns they are rather dull and depressing in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2012