“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Bull Hotel

Black Bull Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duns
Black Bull Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Duns B&B and Inns
Lancaster
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times now and really can't complain at all. Friendly welcome and the staff are so nice and courteous. We had a three course meal and a bottle of wine. Food was really good and well cooked and presented Value for money without a doubt I would have no hesitation in going back

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank easy05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Duns, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last Night {20/4/13} I took my Husband to the Black Bull for a meal, Straight away we were welcomed and taken to our table, The service was great and the food was out of this world I had the venison it just melted in your mouth so tender, My Hubby had the special the Lamb Rump I had a taste and that was just as good, we had starters to I had haggis balls in Drambuie and he had the scallops and prawns both very good we don't normally have a pudding but seen as it was his birthday we both had the sticky toffee pudding and when it cam one portion would of done to and it was to die for. I would recommend the black bull to any one we have been before and we have never had any complaints the food is so lovely you all must try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susan h
Duns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I often visit the Black Bull, the staff are extremely friendly especially Hayley and Katie. The food is always perfect, service is spot on. They offer real ale at very reasonable prices. No other pub in Duns comes close to competing with the high quality service, ingredients and atmosphere. Highly recommended - a hidden gem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank GeBiDi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The blonde barmaid was such good banter I enjoyed my pints at the bar and would definitely return. Such a charming you g lady. Such a friendly atmosphere, not a fan of other pubs in duns they are rather dull and depressing in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JayJay187
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Myself, my family and friends eat and drink in the Black Bull regularly. We love the food and the service is fine.
Usually have lunch here and just have snacks like toasties, chips, baked potatoe and they are always lovely!
I had sunday dinner here recently too and there was pleanty meat on the plate, and trimmings were fine.
If you are looking for a nice village pub to visit, Black Bull is a nice place to go.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We had a family lunch in this quaint hostelry food was good Plenty on the plate Value for money. We had no complaints. Service was slow but the food was hot and it was home cooking. We would go back for another lunch. We will try dinner. I have heard good reports from the locals

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank easy05
Berkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Well, it had good reviews, so in we went for lunch. For the best part of £15 each we had one course apiece. Mine - lamb with potato and vegetables. Lamb undercooked, no flavour, lumpy gravy, lumpy mash, no sauces offered, small plate, nervous characterless lad who was doubling up as waiter and barman. In the bar itself, children's cartoon channel playing loudly. My other half had a supposedly prime rib steak - very small, very average, with a few chips and sundries and a dollop of ketchup. For those top-quality prices it was jawdroppingly bad. I've no doubt that people have some good experiences here, but this must have been one of their off days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duns
Chirnside Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Swinton
The Craw Inn
The Craw Inn
#7 of 13 in Eyemouth

Been to Black Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!