The Tyndrum Inn
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroombasic roombite to eatpub foodben luicurryhill walkinghaggisafter a long daysalmonstopoverglencoe
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed for around 3 weeks and found the staff very friendly ,good food , good accommodation. Great value for money . A special thanks to all the staff at the tyndrum inn. Friendly locals . As a work group we would recommend this hotel for all types of parties or families . WE WILL BE BACK !!!! :) :)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William the sta... M
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a great overnight stay at The tyndrum inn, staff were great, had loads of laughs with them, room was comfortable and the food was good and served with a smile. I just cannot understand all these negative reviews, what exactly are you expecting. I am 71 years old, been walking long distance most of my life, this place was just what was needed, great atmosphere with like minded people. If you want the Ritze, go to London

Room Tip: Didn't have a problem with my room all good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Whilst doing the West Highland Way I was booked in for one night by one of the booking companies and having read some of the reviews was expecting the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Admittedly the room was small and basic but clean and comfortable enough. I certainly had a good night's sleep. I had a very enjoyable evening meal in the bar and the breakfast in the dining room was excellent. Staff and owner very friendly. Would certainly stop there again. Very good value for £30.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

stopped off for an evening snack en route Fort William. Food OK, although not my first choice, as the lighter bites were not offered after 5-30 pm. Not impressed with the overall quality of the place, in terms of decor and cleanliness. Certainly not tempted to stop over anytime.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David B
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The restaurant was pretty good. Cheerful, good food, nice atmosphere. If you’re just stopping in for a bite and a beer then it’s a decent place to stop.

My first thought on entering the hotel room was … geez I’d hate to die here.

I’m not a macabre person, honestly, but the room was so awful that it could have been a creepy horror film set.

It was like staying in an old caravan inside a building. Brown, dingy, cheapest possible chipboard laminate fittings – plastic mouldy shower with doors off the hinges that didn’t close properly and walls that bent if you leaned on them.

Breakfast was farcial. I had to ask the staff for a bowl in which to eat the cereal. My group ordered toast several times that never arrived.

I’m sure they make a decent living off walkers that stumble past and never come again… but seriously, a small investment in the hotel amenities and staff training would go a long way.

Room Tip: Don't .... have dinner there then stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends