“Good stop off for the West Higland Way.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyndrum
Beinglas Farm Campsite
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night in September while walking the West Highland Way. Good clean rooms, Great facitlies and a wonderful Breakfast. The only down side is you stay in chalet and the place lacks a bit of the personal touch

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I reviewed this a couple of years ago when there were issues with noise from hen/stag parties up for the weekend from Glasgow; thankfully there are now large electric gates at the entrance that close at 11pm to stop latecomers and pi**ed people returning from the Drovers Inn.

My most recent visit was during the week when it was all walkers, but hopefully the 'no noise' after 11pm notices will also be enforced at the weekend if there are rowdies.

I make no apologies about sounding like a grump but I like to enjoy the peak and tranquility of the countryside; and when you've had a succession of drunks walking into your tent at 2 in the morning it get pretty boring.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night in one of the B & B chalets en route to Fort William during our recent cycle of the West Highland Way. We arrived rather late in the dark and were worried that we had missed last orders for dinner. As it turned out, we needn't have worried as the staff on duty couldn't have been more helpful and we were soon sitting down to a very reasonably priced fish and chips dinner. The accommodation was excellent - very clean with extremely comfortable beds. Breakfast was hearty; we both had porridge, fruit juice, a full (and generously portioned) Scottish breakfast with tea and toast. I would most certainly stay here again and can recommended it to others.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rather mundane first half of the day walking along the Loch This was followed by an afternoon which many people we met agreed was one of the hardest parts of the West Highland Way - lots of scrambling over rocks so little time to admire the scenery !!
The accommodation is right on the walk and a drink sitting outside the bar made a great end to the day. There is a variety of accommodation here and we were staying in one of a series of rooms in a wooden lodge. Very large room with a big shower and everything else we needed.
The food was good and all the staff were very friendly.
We walked down to the Drovers Inn after dinner and were glad we did - a wonderful old place stuffed with interesting objects including their famous Haggis !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

A good welcoming stop off on the WHW

A mix of camping and B&B in lodges on the farm, with a central bar/restaurant - food and drink good, staff & service excellent

Showers in lodge rooms, no bath

No wifi, facilities for campers looked excellent

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

You may be wondering why I am giving Beinglas Farm a 5 when I am about to tell you we chose not to stay here. The reason however is because there was nothing wrong with it and I was extremely impressed with how well the owner dealt with the situation.

My partner and I were cycling the West Highland Way and had booked all our accommodation through a third party. We had asked for B&B (in our minds meaning en suite rooms) however, there had been some miscommunication and he had booked us into one of the wooden tents.

Because neither of us were expecting this we hadn't brought any of the relevant necessities (towels, flip flops etc), plus, neither of us are big fans of camping and prefer the comfort of a big bed and en suite facilities.

We went to ask whether maybe one of the wooden chalets were available. However, all of these were fully booked but the owner could not have been more helpful offering to provide us with everything we needed. We still chose to stay at a local Inn (call us snobs if you like) so she offered to refund our stay (which we refused as it wasn't her fault) and offered to look after our bikes and other belongings to save us moving them.

I am writing this review because I would like to highlight how customer focus the owner was. Just because camping isn't for us doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. I could not fault the facilities we had been provided. For those walking the West Highland Way it is a perfect stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place.
When trekking up the West Highland Way, this is where I felt I had really arrived in the Highlands.

A good location at the head of the loch between the hills, right in the West Highland Way there is a charming campsite with good cooking, showering and laundry facilities .

The 2 berth huts were quaint, excellent for £14.50although I found the mattresses (2 very thick, very firm mats on top of each other) hard to sleep on.

There is a good traditional pub serving decent food at the centre of the site.
Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyndrum
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rowardennan
Rowardennan Hotel
Rowardennan Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rowardennan

Been to Beinglas Farm Campsite? Share your experiences!