“A FIND!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tyndrum
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award winning road side diner serving great fish & chips, burgers, salads, soups and home baking. We specialise in being family friendly, we have a great selection of gluten free food available and we welcome dogs (and well behaved owners!)
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After three days of paying through the nose for overpriced tiny portions of food and everything with chips I stopped when I saw gluten free menu.
I ordered the goats cheese salad and I wasnt disappointed. Good portion of goats cheese and salad. Scotland needs more places like this.
I had to stop myself buying a few cakes too! Well worth stopping. Wi-fi and general reception on this route is poor so finding even places online is difficult and we got stung so many times. This place was a welcomed alternative.
Friendly helpful staff and the place seems geared to hikers and passers by.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

ever get the chance pop into the real food café for a wonderful fish n chips, we use it a lot when up with the caravan at a nearby site. the standard is very high and always feel welcome in the restaurant, fabulous staff.....

Reviewed April 22, 2014

As we were driving back home from Oban to Balloch, it was around dinner time and we passed a sign that said 'Gluten free menu'. We originally drove past as it was a bit early for dinner but we did turn around after a debate of the likelihood of finding good gluten free food further down the road. I am so happy we stopped.

The cafe has recently been renovated and has a charming modern finish with a touch of Alpin cabin. It really fits the surrounding area and it gives a lovely clean and fresh look.

I've been missing battered fish (as I'm a celiac) and this I have to say lived up to how I remembered a good chippie! Cripy batter, tons of chips which were done to perfection, homemade tartare sauce which was yummy and massive pickled onions.. my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

In addition to the chippie there was a selection of gluten free cakes. We got the lemon drizzle cake and it matched any non-gluten free cake I've had! The icing was all goey and it was nice and moist.. not the usual gluten free selection of dried up tastless disappointments.. no no, hot here! It was fantastic!

You pay a tiny bit more for the gluten-free range but when it tastes as good as it did that is a pleasure! I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you want good quality fast food then you need to stop at this place. The fish and chips are really fresh with a great batter, which is a surprise as you are along way from the sea! It is very family (and pet!)orientated place and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Was in the cafe over Easter weekend, sitting in the new extension. Had the venison burger with a slice of Stornaway black pudding on it...best burger I've had and my mrs enjoyed the salmon salad. Would recommend this place to anyone! Well Done to Sarah and the team! Excellent!