“Great chips!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Tyndrum
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award winning road side diner serving great fish & chips, burgers, salads, soups and home baking. We specialise in being family friendly, we have a great selection of gluten free food available and we welcome dogs (and well behaved owners!)
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great chips!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went in for a coffee and came out after a large plate of chips. Irresistible. Staff very friendly and food consistently good every time we visit. Highly recommended.

Gelsenkirchen, Germany
“Happy birthday”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We walked the WHW last year (08.2011). We totaly run out of food and money.
We got both at the cafe.
Very friendly, very helpfull stuff and owner. Don't miss it.

• Visited December 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and Best chips”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went to The real food cafe on my way back from Loch Ness to Edinburgh. We have been told by friends that they have best chips in Scotland at the real food cafe. We three came in for a standard chips , a winter veg soup, and two pumpkin soups. The soup is very yummy!!!! We all love it, even my 86 grandma. Chips is just as my friends said.

The other thing is I forgot my scarf in the cafe place. I noticed it very late. The next day I emailed Sarah. She replied very quick and would like to post it to me. How kindly she is! You also will love her from the kids corner in the cafe. Plz find out the story by yourself when you come to the reall food cafe.

I highly recommend you to have a relax time at Cafe, and I bet you will enjoy it.

• Visited November 2012
Alan-HeadCoach, Owner at The Real Food Cafe, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I’m so glad that you took the time to visit Tyndrum and our café on your journey back to Edinburgh. We’re looking forward to welcoming you all back, especially your 86 year young Grandma. And thank you for giving us such a warm recommendation.
Ayr, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place to stop going north from Loch Lomond”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tired of plastic run-of-the-mill Cafes? This is the place for you. Friendly staff. Excellent food (remember to take energy giving flapjack for the onward journey!). Long tables, high stools - great for a chat. Quirky information re food and cafe history on the walls. Birds by the window. I often stop here - this time I left my handbag behind and they kindly kept it safe and intact until my return journey south. I cannot thank them enough and wish them well for the future.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank visitorP_12
Sarah will be delighted that you enjoy her flapjack! Please come back soon.
Scotland
“Great value for money”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is fast food with a flair, not your usual Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut or fish and chips.
We had Venision Burgers, which where hot, tasty and full of flavour, the chips were fresh and hot too and a great cup of coffee as well.
Almost too much too chose from on the menu, we'd missed the Stornoway Black pudding, but will be back for it soon.
Staff were friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was bustling and it was nice to sit and chat in such a relaxed atmosphere, with other fellow diners.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Georgiemac
Thank you so much for drawing attention to how we aim to be different. We do not suit every taste, but it’s particularly pleasing when we receive such a thoughtful recommendation from someone who recognises the effort made by Sarah and the entire team to provide something different. We’ll have the black-pudding ready!