“all inclusive weekend”
Review of Bay Tarbet Hotel

Bay Tarbet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarbet
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Beautiful hotel and beautiful location but VERY dated inside. Room 107 was a disgrace - smelled musty and the bathroom was a living nightmare. Upgraded to Room 130 which was much nicer and had loch views BUT it also had dust on the bedside tables, the remote control was held together with dust, grime and sellotape and the 'tv' was a throwback from the 80s. There was no telephone in the room which the manager seemed unaware of - surely he should know what his rooms contain? Squeaky and uneven floorboards everywhere. The fake plant at the top of the main staircase was thick with dust.
On the plus side - clean beds, good food, nice staff.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall if Alex Polizzi dropped in.......

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
Mcleary53, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not like your first allocated room but enjoyed the upgraded room with fantastic loch views. I have spoken to the head housekeeper regarding your comments, as you can see by the many recent comments this is not our usual standard. I am pleased that you enjoyed the branded Inclusive drinks and that you were pleased with the standard of food and staff.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I dropped in on the off chance of a cheap room because the road to Dunoon was closed due to a landslide on the 'Rest of be thankful'. The desk staff where very understanding and help full and gave me a good price for one night stay.
My room was clean, but slightly dated. Shower was hot but beware once wet the bathroom floor was very slippy and no matt was provided.
Breakfast was ok dinning room staff very polite and quick service. I will use again.

3  Thank simullins1972

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your overnight stay. I am sorry to hear that you couldn’t complete your journey as the ‘Rest’ was blocked off. I am pleased that you found your room clean and that you had plenty of hot water. It was good to hear that your dining experience was quick and pleasant. I look forward to meeting you again in the future

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed 4 nights with Shearings and paid extra £48 for a room with a loch view.
This was well worth it as my sister had a standard room and it was awfull.
The service was good , the food not bad allthough vegetables were frozen.
The all inclusive bar was not too clever, beer cheap rubbish but the wine was quite nice.
The dining room and entertainment room was cold and three was NO heat during the day.
Worst of all was the so called "Enterainment"
I have heard better karaoke singers.
The singer/guitarist on the first night sang Scottish folk songs(badly) all night was too loud,utter rubbish.
Guitar/vocalist on the second night was quite good.
The "Singer" on the third night was a disgrace and very rude.
The so called singer/magician on the last night was rubbish and not good enough for children's entertaient.
However , overall the hotel was 10 times better than the Claymore along the road at Arrochar

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Brian H

Dear Reviewer
I am pleased that you enjoyed your standard loch view room.
We do use fresh potatoes and vegetables throughout the week, I am unsure as to why you thought that they were frozen. The Inclusive bar offers Carling Lager and Worthingtons Bitter, with a small upgrade for Guinness and Dry Blackthorn and Grolsch Lager. Our spirits are all branded products. The wine that we offer at the bar is stowells. During your stay we were undergoing some refurbishment of bedrooms and the heating was on constantly. We get lots of good comments regarding our entertainment and I am sorry that you felt that they were not to your liking.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just spent a three night package deal at this impressive hotel for £89pp which included db&b, a glass of wine with dinner and coffee and tea on tap. Also included in this package was a drinks tab each to the value of £15 towards your drink at night between 7.30 and 10.30 which was amazing value and all the spirits beers and wine were brand names and mixers although included in your running total were not actually added to your bill making it a fantastic offer as each person was getting at least 5 drinks. Added to this there was entertainment every night, although maybe more suited to the older clients, was still enteraining,
and can I just say, we had the most lovely room, overlooking the loch, very spacious, Room 126, fabulous! Cannot fault this Hotel or indeed the staff who were all very helpful, cheery and efficient, dont miss a chance to check this Hotel out.

2  Thank Margaret G
Mcleary53, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Many thanks for your review.
At Bay hotels we pride ourselves in offering value for money and I am delighted that we delivered this. I am pleased you enjoyed the bay Inclusive bar and that you found the entertainment entertaining. The views from the scenic rooms are fabulous and that you found your room lovely and spacious. I will pass on your comments to my staff

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We arrived at faulty towers to be greeted by big Davie (what a guy!) after receiving daggers from the over 60's we made our way to the what can only be described as "average" rooms. The view of the car park was a bonus as I could keep an eye on my car (we even managed to see a donkey walking through one morning). The food was average but service from the restaurant manager was excellent. The drinks on the inclusive deal were good, but I would recommend brining your own mixer as a "small dash" is £1.20 which will eat into your allowance. They have te audacity to have a sign in the corridor stating "please keep noise to a minimum after 11.00 as other guests will be sleeping" this could be put to practise if the floorboards didn't creek really badly and wake everyone up. Another tip would be - DO NOT TRY AND MAKE CHEESE TOSTIES IN ROOM, this will no doubt set the fire alarms off! Overall what you get what you pay for, but it is good value for money!

2  Thank Gmeldrum88

Thank you for your view.
The room that was allocated was a standard room facing onto the car park. The donkey that you refer to was a local Clydesdale horse that lives in the field opposite. I am delighted that you found the service from Maryna my Restaurant Manager was excellent and that you enjoyed the Bay Inclusive. It’s great that you found your break good value for money and also that you didn’t set the fire alarm off. I hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for a 3 night w/e break between 10/2/2012-13/2/2012. We found the hotel, our room, the staff, our dining, the " all- inclusive " drinks package & entertainment to all exceed our expectations. We genuinely feel we got fantastic value for our money & thoroughly enjoyed our stay so much so we would have, if we could have, stayed longer. Believe me if there was a reason to criticise I would not hesitate to do so !!! However, there was no reason whatsoever & we will definately be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 124, which had a view of the Loch.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZanderF

Thank you for a wonderful review and that you found everything exceeded your expectations. We truly value feedback and I will let my team know of your positive feedback on the room, the staff and the dining experience. We pride ourselves in offering fantastic value for money and do hope that you return in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Just had a wonderful weekend at the Tarbet Hotel, from 20th-22nd January. Fantastic place, full of character, warm and well equipped rooms, good food, incredibly friendly staff and a view that you would die for. And amazing value. We were a 14-strong wedding party and I want to offer my thanks to Gary, the manager, and his team for making our stay a most memorable one.

Room Tip: Best rooms have a loch view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin G

Dear Reviewer
It is fantastic to hear that your special occasion went so fantastically well. The hotel is certainly full of character being over 350 years old and it does boast some terrific views. I am delighted that Gary our Assistant Manager looked after your party so well. My staff are highly customer focused and will be thrilled to hear your comments. I do hope you return in the future be it for another special occasion or just a short break.
Michael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarbet
Arrochar Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Bay Tarbet Hotel? Share your experiences!