Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Priceline
Orbitz.com
All reviews ben lomond west highland way steak pie the pub beer garden lovely room stayed here for one night beautiful location loch dogs bath hike log lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I stayed at the Rowardennan Hotel on the 2nd day of the West Highland Way walk, along with a group of 12. I really enjoyed my stay - comfortable rooms, friendly staff (with one exception, but we'll excuse her because she was a manager and it was getting close to clocking off time), good food and great drinks. I have no complaints at all. And because it's in the middle of nowhere, it's nice and quiet as well. The perfect place to stay if you're visiting Loch Lomond.

Date of stay: May 2008
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel two years ago and were really looking forward to going back to it. We wished we hadn't! We left after one night, the room was dirty, the food appalling and there was a definite lack of communication between the staff!! The Hotel is certainly not worthy of a 3* rating and we were appalled at how run down and neglected the place had become. Being owned by McKever hotel chain we certainly expected better.

We do not recommend you visit this hotel!!

Date of stay: January 2008
2  Thank Big-J27
Reviewed November 1, 2007

Stayed for 3 days in october and the sun shone the whole time - the light and Autumn colours were simply breathtaking.
This is not the Ritz Hotel but charming none theless.
The Duty Manager Laurence (Kiwi I think) is charming and does his best to make guests feel at home.
Well worth a visit for the location alone as well as some down to earth (ie basic!) hospitality.
Enjoy..

Date of stay: October 2007
2  Thank alansmith_7
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Having spent the last few days drinking in the fantastic countryside of the West Highland Way I was really looking forward to my stay at this hotel - especially because we had stayed in a tent the night before and it was my 30th b'day.
On arrival at the hotel the visitor comment book clouded our anticipation - there was a horrendous review and one which we left agreeing with!
The hotel is set in some of the world's most stunning scenery yet the owners don't seem to want to put their hand in their pockets and actually make the hotel fit in with its surroundings.
The room although comfortable - I suppose anything would have been comfortable after sleeping in a tent - was really in need of some attention (and we think that our room was probably one of the best in the hotel). I really do believe the Scottish Tourist Board should reconsider the 3 star rating as there were stains on the carpet, in both the bedroom and bathroom, the bath edges were ingrained with dirt, the windows I don't think had been cleaned for years and the curtain backs were filthy.
We paid £95 for one nights stay and we were totally ripped off. It really angers me that the owners seem to think they can charge whatever they want and not keep the hotel up to speck just because the majority of people who will stay in the hotel are walkers or tourists looking for only a night or twos stay.
The website it highly misleading and when my fiance went to check out he noticed that all the pages in the comment book - which contained a lot of negative comments about the hotel - had actually been ripped out! I wish the owners would actually read the comments and learn from them. The hotel has so much potential and its a very sad state of affairs that this is what we offer visitors to Scotland.
One decent thing though, the bar food in the Clansman was very tasty and hit the right spot after a days walking.
If I had the choice again I would stay in the Youth Hostel just up the road as I am sure it is in better nick and a heck of a lot cheaper than this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2007
6  Thank jaxx11
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Having been wowed at their fantastic website, I was really looking forward to my stay at Rowardennan. However, on arriving there, I'm considering reporting them for vialating the Trade Descriptions Act!

To say the hotel is in need of renovating is an under-exaggeration:
-rain was coming through the ceilings in our bedroom and the landing
-the in-room 'facilities' were in dire need of replacing - I gave up waiting for the kettle to boil and would have been quicker heating water with a lightbulb
-The carpet in the bathroom was filthy, made worse by a shower door that wouldn't shut, meaning the carpet got wet after every shower
-Broken windows
-Paper coming off the walls / paint long gone from doors, rails & skirtings

On top of this, the staff seemed really demoralised - although I can't blame them, having to live in this hell-hole 24-7.

Overall a realy dissappointment.

Date of stay: July 2007