“Very comfortable stay”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was my final stay during a mini-break in Scotland. A very comfortable hotel in an excellent setting - huge bed, clean and modern bathroom and a good breakfast to follow. The Receptionist went out of her way to help me on arrival.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jonathan S
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with other travellers on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasant read when noting that we delivered good service to our visitors. I thank you for your kind comments and will ensure that the team are aware of them.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Once again, we were not disappointed with the hospitality, food & room.

We used the bar as our meeting point to see photographers & was made to feel very welcome as usual by all the staff, they even remembered our names which is a lovely touch.

Lunch was a lovely sandwich with nachos on the side - very filling I must add!

We had dinner in the bar this time and it was amazing!

Thank-you once again for making us very welcome.

I am so pleased we are having our wedding here next year!

We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a view of the Loch - you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey G

Dear Tracey / Tony

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor. It was great to see you both again and you are always very welcome visitors. I am so pleased that you feel at home here as I'm sure we will see much of each other in the future.

See you soon

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed two nights and mercifully only had to eat on one of them. The room was adequate and clean and just about the right price. The service was passable but the food was dreadful and the coffee pot was unclean. The dinner we had was pork which was virtually inedible and required a steak knife to cut and a steak which was stringy and tough. Not a place we will looking to return to!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
Fortunately for us most visitors disagree with your comments. I accept that it is not always possible to please everyone no matter how hard we try and believe me we do try.
Our aim is to ensure all our guests have a pleasant visit with good food, good service and a comfortable stay.
My staff all follow tripadvisor as we are proud of what we have bee achieving recently. I have spoken to the team as I know that table check backs are done with all guests and over the period of your visit there were no complaints recorded. Why oh why would you be so unhappy yet not mention it at the time? we are not perfect and I like to think we are approachable, we always deal with any issues that arise as we would have had you brought this to our attention.
Incidently there were 14 portions of Pork and 26 steaks sold over the period of your stay with no negative feedback so I really dont know where we went wrong.
It does frustrate me however when guests don't give us the opportunity to rectify areas of displeasure yet seem to take great pleasure in informing others of shortfalls.

Thank you for feedback and have a nice day.

Regards

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent a couple of days here on a business trip.

The hotel is clean and tidy , the staff friendly and helpful . The bar and restaurant are excellent . Nice food and sensibly priced.

The room was large and in good clean order.

I would use it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Davedit

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for this positive review and thank you for sharing it with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

It is always reassuring to realise we have achieved our goals of delivering great service to our visitors.

Thanks once again

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wanted a quiet beautiful setting by the beach and this ticked ALL the boxes. What a truly lovely place. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food lush and fresh, scenery gorgeous, room 20 had a lovely sea view that prevented me from sleeping too much. I had to sit on the big cosy bed staring out at the bay.....soooooo peaceful. The wedding package they do from here must be amazing. Nice local walks and close to lots of places to visit. Would go again in a heartbeat, even though I'm over 600 miles away.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank marilyn l

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Rosslea Hall on Tripadvisor. It is always reassuring to read comments like these. I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back. I will be sure to pass this onto the rest of the team.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here in March - this would be our second stay here but 4th visit, and as always it never disappoints with service and quality. From the moment you arrive to moment you leave you are taken care of. The bedrooms are pleasantly set up with incredible views ( ask for loch view well worth it) and free biscuits yum!! the included breakfast is fantastic, offers good selection and tastes delicious! Had evening meal this time, menu was bit fancy for us but we definitely found something on the other menu to suit us - only negative I have was there wasn't enough creme brûlée for evening service was so gutted hehe must've been a popular choice as 3 other people asked for it after us! Also i must say I didn't like the new reception set up with the two open chairs to check in and no tall check in desk, made me feel bit exposed and awkward but it's only a little fault and personal choice at that.

The whole venue is so welcoming and staff could not be more friendly. We had a nightcap drink in the bar which we enjoyed loved the layout and drink selection. We love this place so much we choose this beautiful place for our wedding venue and we can't wait for our big day!! We stayed because of the wedding fayre taking place there which turned out to be a successful day for us! We recommend a stay here, it's a nice little weekend away, the Helensburgh high street down the road is pleasant trip and Dino's Icecream shop is a must visit!!

Room Tip: Ask for loch view room well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jade

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and of course for sharing it with others on Tripadvisor. It is always rewarding to read such positive comments. I am also looking forward to your big day and be assured we will make every effort to ensure it is a day for you to remember for all the right reasons.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel is lovley I had been a few times for lunch and the food is to die for and not over priced at all. After visiting afew times and looking at other venues me and my now husband decided to get married here last year in April 28th and I'm so glad we did! Stunning surrounding and gardens for pictures but the main thing that sold it for us was the manager Don he is a real asset to the hotel.I can't speak highly enough of him he was so helpful nothing was to much for them and helped up create the perfect wedding,All the staff were lovley and very accommodating . Rooms are beautiful with amazing views I would definitely recommend this hotel! We have also had afternoon tea here recently and it was yummy,Will be back soon x

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TaloulaGlasgow

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words and for this fabulous review. It was our pleasure working with you and I am so pleased that we helped make your day perfect. Thanks also for sharing this on tripadvisor advising others of your positive experience.

Thanks Again

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Inveraray

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!