“ajternoon tea & christmas party night”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Dont miss the chance to have afternoon tea at the Rosslea. We are glad we didn't.Beautiful location. great selection of sandwiches, cakes, and scones all served with a friendly smile.
Christmas party night was great good food all cooked to perfection and at this time of year is a bonus. DJ was brill, great selection of music. catered for all ages.
The setting and all the friendly staff make this hotel one of the best.
Thanks again and merry christmas too you all
Sandra & David Millar

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for this great review, it is always encouraging when I read that we got it right. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit even more so that you have enjoyed several elements of your stay. Be assured I will pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Used to be very good, however carpets getting threadbare, free WiFi unbearably slow, running a baths gives you very rusty coloured water although pressure is good. Biscuits on tea tray not replaced, dinner Bill was lost and had to wait while staff tried to see what had happened. Room has the world's noisiest radiator, it really sounds like there is a stream running through the room. Matress worn, springs shot. Breakfast cooked to order, very good, but no marmite for toast!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I will address points that have been raised as I am delighted to inform you that our flooring is being replaced during January and the balance of our Mattress replacement programme will also be completed by the end of January
Redefine BDL who are our parent and Management company took over the hotel during 2011 and I am also delighted to say are investing in the property and have indeed spent over 200K in improvements, many unfortunately not noticable for g new boiler system and new roof together with several other projects aimed at guest safety.
I have had maintenance resolve the issue with the noisy radiator and have spoken to the departments responsible for the lapse in service and I am sure you would notice the difference next time you visit. Unfortunately the coloured water is outwith our control as it arrives at the hotel that way and usually follows a very heavy downpour. Marmite I'm afraid is not on our list of breakfast items in our speck but can be made available, please let me know if you are returning and I will organise for you.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

had a great tea with sandwiches,cakes and scones, defo recommend anyone looking for a wee afternoon snack , couldnt eat it all , well stuffed. staff were very couteous and hotel looked spotless, and what a fantastic setting, with great views.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuart m

Dear Stuart

Thank you very much for this excellent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our afternoon tea and look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future. Thanks also for taking the time to share your experience with others through TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We're just back from a night at this hotel and had a great time. On arrival we had afternoon tea, there was 8 adults and 2 toddlers, there was plenty of fresh food served to us with tea, we were served quickly and the lady was friendly. We also had dinner and the food in the bar was freshly made to order and we thought the prices were reasonable. The rooms had good views, breakfast was lovely and my family all enjoyed it, we would recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Angie

Thank you so much for this very good review and for taking the time to share your experience with others through TripAdvisor. It is always encouraging when our guests have a pleasurable visit with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent !!
Thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas party night and overnight stay
Staff ;very professional and attentive without being intrusive
Location ;beautiful
Dinner ; exceptional
Breakfast ;relaxed, very tasty
Bedroom; great, well appointed
Function Room; well decorated, spacious and comfortable
Overall experience first class

Can`t wait to visit again in the summer for our Son`s Wedding .
He and his Fiancee have been delighted by the attention to detail and friendly, professional manner shown to them by the Management and Wedding Co-ordinators
Looking forward to the "Big Day"

Room Tip: Great views from the rooms facing the gardens
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your excellent review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had a good time. Thanks also for continuing your support for the Rosslea Hall it is very much appreciated,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed here on at least 3 trips and had excellant service each time. The scottish breakfast is very good especially with haggis. Just one example of the excellent staff they have there. On the last night I stayed, there was a wedding reseption going on down stair and my room was just above the garden room were it was being held. The thoughtful staff offered to move me to a different room without me having to ask. My first choice when I am in the area

Room Tip: All the good are good but book well in advance as it very popular.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alfiered

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind words and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you had a pleasurable experience at Rosslea and I will make sure the rest of the team are aware of your comments.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Been here on several visits, I find the hotel disorganised, over priced and dirty.
Some staff are rude and just stand there doing nothing, floor needed a good hovering. The forint entrance is full of cigarette ends you would think that someone would lift them up after each day but no.

I would not recommend this place ever.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank David M
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Oh Dear, what can I say?????
I suppose the question I must ask is why do you keep coming back? you quite clearly state you would not recommend the Rosslea yet you also state you have been here on several occassions. And why wait for 3 months before posting your review.

I am sorry however that we have upset someone to the extent that they would be compelled to write such a poor review. Dare I ask on what capacity were you at Rosslea as we can't trace you. Was it an overnight stay or a meeting or lunch?

Fortunately the vast majority of our visitors have a positive experience.

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!