“Romantic place with lovely views! Hoping to visit it again!”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Romantic place with lovely views! Hoping to visit it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have been here at the beginning of April this year and still hoping to visit this lovely place again in the nearest future. Thanks to laterooms reservation we found this little hotel with lovely views and very nice staff. B&B was a perfect choice: the traditional Scottish breakfast and nice room where we have spent our night (just after having an amazing supper at La Barca). The view of the town somewhere on the horizon plus harbour with yachts and beautiful lake.... Our room was clean and recently refurbished (we have paid £69 for Superior Double Room for 2 with breakfast included). We definitely will be back and highly recommend this place to people who do not care about modern facilities and love the quiet, romantic and outstanding places like the Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel. And definitely try La Barca when planning your visit!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lake view, otherwise you won't be satisfied!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank samarko
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Rosslea hall. I will make sure the staff see this post as we are all very interested in the opinion of our guests as we continually strive to improve our service.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a great two day stay here at the end of August 2013. Our room (32) facing the sea was brilliant. The food was good quality, and the staff were excellent. We had a very restful two days despite the bells. We found that wearing cotton wool in the ears helped to get a great sleep and didn't put us off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank normaandalex
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Norma and Alex

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor. Its through reviews and feedback that I can tailor the development and training for the team so I do welcome them, good or bad. It gives me great pleasure to read comments such as yours and sorry about the bells!
I'm delighted that you both left feeling relaxed and hope you wont be strangers as I'm sure the team would join me in welcoming you back to Rosslea.
I have printed your review to ensure all of the team see your feedback.

Thanks again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Thank you Rosslea, for making our day run so smoothly. We and our guests had a fantastic time. The whole place looked amazing inside & out.
All the staff worked hard throughout the day & evening, to make sure ourselves & guests were well looked after.

Staff made sure we could relax & enjoy the evening, and also guided us to where we needed to be.

The food was amazing, which was echoed by everybody we have spoken to since the wedding.
As Rhu residents, we looked at The Rosslea first, when we decided to book our wedding venue 2 years ago. As soon as we seen what was on offer & at such great value, we booked within minutes, not looking at anywhere else.

I have no doubt that this will soon be officially recognised as a 5 Star Wedding Venue, as the standard is already there.
We hope that more of our friends & family book their weddings there, as we can't wait to return!

With love from,
Craig & Charmaine

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MrFerguson2013
Dear Mrs Ferguson,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. I am delighted that you both had a great day and will certainly pass on your comments to the team. It makes me so proud of the Team and Rosslea hall to read comments such as these.
Tripadvisor is a great platform for reviewing experiences and I use it as a benchmark for development purposes so thank you for taking the time to post your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Rosslea Hall

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to a friends wedding at nearby Knockderry house. This place is dirty and not just a case of a good wash will sort it out, I mean grimy.
If you have come here to get some sleep and relax in a comfortable bed, you are in the wrong place.
The bed in our original room(18) was beyond a joke.
It was basically two clapped out single beds stuck together with less comfort than the floor, which I was seriously considering.
I decided to chance my arm on moving rooms. The receptionist couldn't have been more helpful. She apologised profusely for the state of the beds and offered to show me three other rooms. I was shown rooms 14 & 16 which had the same beds as 18 so they were out of the question, we eventually settled on room 10.
Other reviewers have mentioned the church bells every 15 minutes - it's true but room 10 is also above the public toilets so you are treated to the sound of the hand dryer until 2am as well as the celestial chimes four times an hour.
The receptionist had informed me that head office had been told about the beds but had as yet not acted. I wonder if they'll be interested in forking out for our osteopaths bill?
If the management are reading this review, I would like a response and a refund please.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Rutlandchef
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience on Tripadvisor. It is through feedback good or bad that we can develop our offering and service for the future.
I do apologise that you did not have a good experience during your visit.
I feel that I do need to clarify a few points though, the rooms that you did not like had Zip and Link beds which are very popular within the hotel industry and are distributed world wide because of their flexibility, not just two singles pushed together as you suggest and they are certainly not grubby.

As you point out you refused 3 rooms for the reason above and opted for room 10 which had a double bed. The receptionist who dealt with you remembers you well and was under the impression that you were happy in Room 10 and at no other time did you express your unhappiness. This was also the case at checkout. I am a bit disappointed too as I was on duty all weekend and would have been perfectly happy to meet with you had I been aware of your upset.
I dont quite understand the sound from hand dryers carrying that far as room 10 is on the third floor but I will certainly look into it as this has never been highlighted before. I accept the Church bells chiming all night and we are currently trying to have this rectified and some guests particularly light sleepers may find this annoying others seem to quite like it.

I can confirm that we have embarked on a replacement programme for some of our beds which the receptionist mentioned. I do take exception to your statement about the cleanliness of the hotel and completely disagree with you as do the vast majority of our visitors as you will see from reviews and comments posted about the Rosslea. I inspected room 10 and can't for the life of me find any grime. I do think there is a bit of exaggeration there.

Unfortunately as you did remain in the hotel for the duration of your booking and had breakfast with us the following morning and did not raise any issues on checkout a refund will not be given. You did have every opportunity to excersise your right not to stay with us which is the option I would have choosen were I so unhappy in any hotel that I was visiting.

I and indeed all of my team are in the hospitality industry because we enjoy looking after our guests, I am not in the business of upsetting visitors and we do our utmost to provide a pleasant and professional service where guests can leave with fond memories. I know we can't possibly please everyone but I dont expect comments about the cleanliness of the hotel such as yours as my house keeping team work very hard to deliver a clean environment and they are simply not true.

Once again I apologise that the Rosslea Hall was not to your liking and wish you well.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I recently got married here on the 10th of August :) what can I say about the Rosslea. Everything went perfectly on the day couldn't fault the Rosslea team. They done everything amazing for us so you don't have the stress of doing anything on your wedding day Jennifer and her team done a beautiful job on setting up the room for the day. Don done fabulous with making everything go to plan and on time. The kitchen staff where out of this world for our meal and everyone loved it. One of our guests in think ended up having 6 of our puddings. The dj was awesome, the dance floor was never empty, he could read the crowd very well and was playing some good tunes. Was such an amazing day for me and my husband Scott Munro. Everyone is still talking about our wedding :) was the best day ever in our lives and all thanks to the Rosslea. Shall be recommended you to every one of my friends that are getting married in the future. So happy to be part of the Rosslea family. Thanks again and we will remember it for years and years to come.
Bride Gina munro ^-^

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank ginamunro
Hello There Gina,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, I am delighted that you all had such a good time. It makes a huge difference when everyone is up for a party and all of your guests certainly enjoyed celebrating your special day.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor as it gives other potential guests an opportunity to gain a bit of insight into our property and the services we offer. Be assured I will pass your comments onto the team who I'm sure will be equally delighted to read them.

Thanks Again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner recently got married here on the 21st of august,
It was an amazing day thanks to the fantastic team at Rosslea, not only the hotel is beautiful inside and out and it is spotless, the staff are brilliant very pleasant and happy to help, the food is fantastic,,
the wedding team go above and beyond to make everything run smoothly on what is the most special day of your life,
Massive thanks to them all a day that will never be forgoten

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Lisaxmair
Dear Lisa.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had a great time and be assured I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team who I'm sure will be equally happy.

I look forward to welcoming both you and your husband back in the not to distant future.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My daughter and son- in- law were married here on the 10th August. The whole day went without a hitch mainly due to great organisation and great staff both on the floor and behind the scenes,the whole family had a wonderful time and will remember this day for a very long time.
Many thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
It is through reviews good or bad that we can put development plans in place for the team. We have put a great deal of work into the delivery of weddings in particular and have been receiving first class feedback.
It is always reassuring to note that we have helped create a lasting memory for all the right reasons.

Thanks Again

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!