“If there was an option of 6 stars - Rosslea would have ours”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed July 13, 2013

For a nights stay, a weekend away, afternoon tea or the most precious day in your life - your wedding - this hotel stands head and shoulders above all others.
We chose Rosslea initially due to it's outstanding location and impecably high standards of decor and cleanliness. Then we experienced the outstanding food that came from the kitchen, in the process also encountering some of the most friendly, professional and approachable staff we have encountered in any hotel.
The team at Rosslea - from the waiting staff to the General manager are all genuinely good people. So much so that over the past year my (now) wife and I have stayed overnight a countless number of times, taken family over and chose the venue for the most important day of our lives - our wedding.
Our wedding was on the 7th July 2013 and we booked the entire hotel out for our friends and family. Not only did we have the wedding of our dreams - in no short measure due to the dedicated team there - but equally important to us - each and every one of our guests, who came from the 4 corners of the UK and abroad, commended us on our choice of venue and humbled us by repeatedly commenting it was the best wedding they'd ever been to.
As a couple planning a wedding we did do all we could to ensure the day would be perfect but come that day, our fate lay in the hands of the venue and it's staff. And they did not disappoint. Professional to the very essence of the word, courteous, caring, approachable - so much so i could quite easily run out of superlatives to use.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotless, the food - whether afternoon tea and creamcakes or a 4 course wedding dinner is quite simply exceptional. The gardens are beatifully maintained. Relaxed bar with bar meals, elegant resteraunt, beautifully bright and airy breakfast conservatory, multi-purpose function rooms. In short, a delightful venue whatever the occasion.
Nothing is too much for the staff and management who go well above and beyond any expectancies to ensure your stay, meal or indeed wedding - is nothing short of perfect.
This hotel is a hidden gem and I am in no doubt whatsoever will soon be one of Scotlands most highly respected and sought after establishments.
With many many thanks to all at Rosslea,
Chris and Amanda (the new Mr and Mrs Paton!)

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are paricularly spectacular
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chris P
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Paton

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for taking the time to put it on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that everything came together so well and believe me it was a pleasure. You have both been regular guests of the Rosslea since booking your wedding which is very much appreciated. It also made the day even more enjoyable as the staff all knew you both.
I am also very pleased that we not only have a happy wedding couple in you and Amanda but have two new friends.

Thanks Again and dont be strangers.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you like the idea of sitting on a sun dappled terrace, indulging in a delightful afternoon tea while being treated like royalty then Rosslea Hall is the place for you. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were accommodating, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Zoe on reception and Charlotte in the restaurant, especially, went over and beyond when dealing with us. Nothing seemed too much bother. The hotel is decorated well so it is comfortable yet stylish and in keeping to the style of the building. And the afternoon teas should not be missed!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view to enhance your experience. There is no a/c so the rooms can get very warm, even...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anne M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Rosslea Hall with other Tripadvisor users. It allways makes me so proud of the team when we get reviews of this nature. We all follow Tripadvisor at the hotel as it is a very good indication on how we are delivering our service.
I will certainly pass this onto the Team and in particular the staff you have mentioned by name they will be delighted. Our afternoon tea service is new to us this year and I thought going down a very traditional route was the way to go and it has proved a huge success.

Thanks again for your lovely comments.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a two night break at this lovely hotel. This hotel has such a calm and peaceful aura that we left feeling very relaxed. We had a second floor room overlooking the front of the hotel and with a beautiful view of the water. It would be worth paying extra for this, I think. This is a small hotel with a superb staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them and from the moment you walk in you feel welcome.They are friendly, calm and helpful and could show a lot of "Top" hotels how it should be done! The highlight for me was sitting on the terrace in the afternoons, with the Rosslea Hall cream tea, complete with bone china - very civilised! I would highly recommend this, especially if you are as fortunate, weather wise, as we were.
The only problem we had was not sleeping very well because of the heat, so air conditioning would have been lovely. However, this is Scotland, so this is probably not a great problem for most of the year!
If you stay here, make sure you take a stroll along the beach road, just below the hotel for some wonderful views.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mem500

Dear Guest

It is allways reassuring to read reviews like this. I am delighted that we impressed you with our brand of hospitality. I allways welcome reviews good or bad as we use them as a tool to help develop the team in their customer service training. I am sorry about the air con or the lack of it, this summer has been a bit of very unusual but welcome weather. Ironicaly we have just spent a great deal on upgrading our heating system and for once we have not required it.

I'm also pleased to note that you enjoyed our afternoon tea. The fine bone china is a new addition to our service this year and is proving very successful.

Thanks again for your lovely comments and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rosslea Hall in the future

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was the last stop on our 8 day tour of Scotland. We saved the best for last. The hotel was quaint and clean, with many rooms and lounges to relax in. However, the most valuable part was the staff. From the moment we arrived, they were smiling, helpful, and welcoming. Everyone, from the front desk to the bar tender were outgoing and made us feel important. A special shout-out to Alan who went over and above with after hours Crème Brule. In addition, Don (I think was his name) gave us exceptional advice on a distillery tour (Glengoyne) that proved to be the highlight of our trip. He was so helpful in planning our driving route to Stirling and back. We would have been lost ten times over if it wasn't for him taking time to help. Angela was also so cheerful in printing our boarding passes that night. Needless to say everyone we met here was wonderful, and we left Scotland with an appreciation for her people, as well as the gorgeous scenery.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynn S

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your visit to Rosslea on Tripadvisor. It really does make me so proud to read such comments. I am so pleased that we have left you with a good immpression. We are in the hospitality industry to deliver in my oppinion good hospitality and to be as helpful to our guests as is humanly possible. I am delighted that we have succeeded with you and your friends.
I'm also pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Glengoyne Distillery and there whisky aint too bad either.
Thanks once again and hopefully if you are ever returning to Scotland you will look us up.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My daughter got married there in december, it was there first winter wonderland wedding, which they done us proud, would highly recomend it for a great wedding venue and great back ground for photo's. staff and manager can't do enough to help nothing too much bother for them brillient place.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Bigsan50

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to note your comments and I remember the wedding very well. It was a great day and who say's you cant have a good winter wedding? this particular wedding and all our other winter wonderland weddings were fantastic days.
Thanks again for your lovely comments and I hope you wont be a stranger to Rosslea Hall.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the years and the experience is the same. Don't let the overgrown garden put you off, this is a great retreat. Why? There is no spa, gym, golf course or pool, but there is a calm about the place that is infectious. The staff are fantastic, the rooms are extremely fresh, clean, comfortable, and the food is amazing. The only negative I found on this visit was £7.50 for a glass of wine. Best hotel in the Helensburgh area and in my top 10 in uk....simple but refined.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ianmickey

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, it makes very pleasant reading. I am delighted that you had a good experience at Rosslea Hall. I will ensure all the team see this as reviews of this nature motivate the team immensly.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Perfect stop off en route from Shropshire to Islay Great location,very peaceful and quiet,friendly and helpful staff.Clean and comfortable accommodation,Good beds(no lumps) and very good food,in the bar. Haggis recommended.
We paid a bit more for a room with a view, overlooking the garden and a distant loch view.Very pleasant and well worth the extra.
Good breakfast, complete with Stornoway black pudding,A plus in my book.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank R0ssHill
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had such a pleasurable experience. At Rosslea we are constantly striving to deliver the perfect experience to our guests, Tripadvisor is a very useful platform to gauge our performance and it provides a great deal of information to enable development. Reviews such as yours makes me so proud that we have achieved our objective.
I will ensure that the team see your very kind comments.

Thanks Again and please visit again if you are ever in the area.

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
8 mi away
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!