“Arrive stressed, leave calm and refreshed.”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
“Arrive stressed, leave calm and refreshed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the years and the experience is the same. Don't let the overgrown garden put you off, this is a great retreat. Why? There is no spa, gym, golf course or pool, but there is a calm about the place that is infectious. The staff are fantastic, the rooms are extremely fresh, clean, comfortable, and the food is amazing. The only negative I found on this visit was £7.50 for a glass of wine. Best hotel in the Helensburgh area and in my top 10 in uk....simple but refined.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ianmickey
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, it makes very pleasant reading. I am delighted that you had a good experience at Rosslea Hall. I will ensure all the team see this as reviews of this nature motivate the team immensly.

Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Shrewsbury,United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Perfect stop off en route from Shropshire to Islay Great location,very peaceful and quiet,friendly and helpful staff.Clean and comfortable accommodation,Good beds(no lumps) and very good food,in the bar. Haggis recommended.
We paid a bit more for a room with a view, overlooking the garden and a distant loch view.Very pleasant and well worth the extra.
Good breakfast, complete with Stornoway black pudding,A plus in my book.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank R0ssHill
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had such a pleasurable experience. At Rosslea we are constantly striving to deliver the perfect experience to our guests, Tripadvisor is a very useful platform to gauge our performance and it provides a great deal of information to enable development. Reviews such as yours makes me so proud that we have achieved our objective.
I will ensure that the team see your very kind comments.

Thanks Again and please visit again if you are ever in the area.

glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wedding Saturday 15th June 2013. We are not people who generally take the time to write reviews but feel this is justified as people always seem to moan about trivial things and forget all the good things,We have just had our son and daughter-in laws wedding here.From start to finish nothing was any trouble for Don and his wonderful staff.Meeting all the demands made on him and then exceeding them with lots of special touches ensuring day was perfect which it was.We would have no hesitation to recommend Rossslea for your special day,To Don and staff take a bow you deserve it and we will see you all soon.Annette and Owen McCarthy

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank unhappy435
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Mrs McCarthy

Thank you very much for this fabulous review, and thanks indeed for taking the time to put it onto Tripadvisor.
It is always pleasing to read reviews of this nature. Believe me the pleasure was all ours, Marisa and Ryan were a fantastic couple to work with as were all the parents and Family. I am trying to build a reputation for Rosslea Hall for being the best in the business when it comes to delivering weddings. Whilst there is always room for improvement I am determined that complacency will never set in. I am extremely proud to read your comments as it tells me that we as a team are on the right track to achieve our objectives.

Thanks Again

Mornington, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can reccommend this hotel for those wishing to be in the Loch Lomond area. It is close to the loch and all it's attractions, but in a quiet and delightful little spot. The staff are very polite and have good senses of humor - they are "real" people. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The room is on the small side, but to be expected for a country house.
The is a lovely feel to the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Our guest's opinion means a great deal to us as a team. Positive views such as this make me very proud indeed and confirm's to me that we are heading in the right direction. Our goal is to be known as a team who deliver exceptional quality. We all track our progress on Tripadvisor and it is so nice to see that we are succeeding.

Thank You agian and please call in anytime you are in the area, it is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

From the moment we arranged a visit to see the venue when my son and daughter-in-law first started planning their wedding, right up to today, the day after their wonderful wedding. Don, Jennifer and all the staff at the Rosslea Hall Hotel went over and above our expectations on numerous occasions, helping us, nothing seemed too much trouble, and without them and all their hard work Mark and Tammie's day would not have been so perfect. I would not hesitate in recommending the Rosslea Hall Hotel to anyone considering it as a venue for any occasion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Debbie

Thank you so much for this wonderfull review. It gives me so much pleasure to hear that we have succeeded in making someones visit so memorable. We are very quickliy becoming one of the top wedding venues in the area and we can only achieve that by offering great service.
I am delighted to note that you felt we have delivered. Weddings can be quite a stressful experience for the bridal party which is a shame, our job is to remove the stress and allow you all to enjoy the journey. Your daughter inlaw and son are a fantastic couple and believe me, great to work with.
Thanks once again

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were on our honeymoon and due to the long journey from Derbyshire to Shandon (where we were staying) my parents kindly booked us in to the Rosslea Hall Hotel for dinner. What a great meal! Not only was the service excellent from both the bar and the restaurant the food was amazing. We had venison steak which was cooked to perfection.
Great place for a visit too as the views across Gare Loch were stunning...Thank you so much for a very special evening!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen T
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, we take great pride in our food and service quality and it is always reassuring to note that our visitors have had a pleasureable experience. Chef Dunn puts a huge effort into training his team and creating menu's which really work on those taste buds. So please dont be a stranger and call in anytime you are in the area.

Thanks Once Again
Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a true hidden treasure. The staff at this hotel will help with any given worry you or your family have... I travelled up from North Wales with my other half and my son. My son and I where only going to stay one night. As we where just dropping off the other half at work. We ended up staying for four nights. On one of the nights they where fully booked, Jenny the receptionist was trying to find us somewhere else to stay, bless her! Lucky for us there was a last minute cancellation, so Louise booked us in... There is a lovely man who work on the bar, who can play the bagpipes. I suggest you ask him to come in one night and play for you. Also if you are an Ozzie or even half an Ozzie like me (Jenny has veggimite).

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank EVEVANS_12
This is a fantastic review! thank you very much for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor. Its particularly pleasing to note that members of the team made such an impact that they get a special mention. Please be assured I will share your comments with the team.

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!