“The Perfect Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Wedding”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

From the moment we arranged a visit to see the venue when my son and daughter-in-law first started planning their wedding, right up to today, the day after their wonderful wedding. Don, Jennifer and all the staff at the Rosslea Hall Hotel went over and above our expectations on numerous occasions, helping us, nothing seemed too much trouble, and without them and all their hard work Mark and Tammie's day would not have been so perfect. I would not hesitate in recommending the Rosslea Hall Hotel to anyone considering it as a venue for any occasion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Debbie

Thank you so much for this wonderfull review. It gives me so much pleasure to hear that we have succeeded in making someones visit so memorable. We are very quickliy becoming one of the top wedding venues in the area and we can only achieve that by offering great service.
I am delighted to note that you felt we have delivered. Weddings can be quite a stressful experience for the bridal party which is a shame, our job is to remove the stress and allow you all to enjoy the journey. Your daughter inlaw and son are a fantastic couple and believe me, great to work with.
Thanks once again

Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were on our honeymoon and due to the long journey from Derbyshire to Shandon (where we were staying) my parents kindly booked us in to the Rosslea Hall Hotel for dinner. What a great meal! Not only was the service excellent from both the bar and the restaurant the food was amazing. We had venison steak which was cooked to perfection.
Great place for a visit too as the views across Gare Loch were stunning...Thank you so much for a very special evening!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen T
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, we take great pride in our food and service quality and it is always reassuring to note that our visitors have had a pleasureable experience. Chef Dunn puts a huge effort into training his team and creating menu's which really work on those taste buds. So please dont be a stranger and call in anytime you are in the area.

Thanks Once Again
Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a true hidden treasure. The staff at this hotel will help with any given worry you or your family have... I travelled up from North Wales with my other half and my son. My son and I where only going to stay one night. As we where just dropping off the other half at work. We ended up staying for four nights. On one of the nights they where fully booked, Jenny the receptionist was trying to find us somewhere else to stay, bless her! Lucky for us there was a last minute cancellation, so Louise booked us in... There is a lovely man who work on the bar, who can play the bagpipes. I suggest you ask him to come in one night and play for you. Also if you are an Ozzie or even half an Ozzie like me (Jenny has veggimite).

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank EVEVANS_12
This is a fantastic review! thank you very much for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor. Its particularly pleasing to note that members of the team made such an impact that they get a special mention. Please be assured I will share your comments with the team.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great value, lovely setting, all bedroom facilities up to scratch, competent, efficient and friendly staff, great breakfast.

pity not to get Scottish beer in an hotel in Scotland otherwise worth visiting again

Rod MacPhail Cape Town

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rod M
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. As a team we are stiving to become known for the quality of service we offer. Its always reassuring to read comments such as yours as it lets me know we are heading in the right direction.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rosslea whenever you are in the area requiring accommodation.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a really enjoyable overnight stay while touring Scotland with friends. The rooms were clean and very comfortable and the staff friendly and attentive. A nice bar area but a beautiful dining room with lovely views of the Clyde and the hotel gardens. We had a lovely evening meal and a great breakfast the following morning to set us up for the day ahead.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harry C
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to send your review of your recent visit to TripAdvisor. It is always very pleasing to receive reviews such as yours, I am in the hospitality industry because I am very passionate about the service I and we as a team deliver. All to often people employed in our industry are there just because its a job. Not at Rosslea I'm pleased to say I have built a team of likeminded people. we don't always get it right but I am pleased to report our reviews are telling me we are on the right track.
I do hope to welcome you back to Rosslea in the not to distant future.

Thanks Once again
County Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a very good standard and well located hotel in the Loch lomand area. Staff efficient and friendly , rooms good size clean and well kept. Great location for touring around. Would reccomend and will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank IrelandEamonn
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting another review of your visit on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your comments. As you will probably be aware we use the views of our guests that come through Tripadvisor as a benchmark on what we are doing right and of course on some occassions doing wrong. It is always reassuring to note positive reviews which I always pass onto the team.

Kind Regards and Thanks again

Scotland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband booked a deal and I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely, comfortable, spotless room over looking the garden. Great to have tea and coffee facilities in your room. So many hotels/B&B's don't do this any more and that is such a pity.
Very nice, accomodating staff.
My only gripe......reception is completely off-putting, with the black floral carpet and dark fittings/fixtures plus few lights.It lacks warmth and a welcome somehow. Also, if you have a dark carpet...you have to hoover it frequently!!!!!! At this point too there is a lack of air circulation and all you can smell is last nights cooking...clammy and yuk!
BUT, we will be back and recommend you to friends.

Room Tip: No lift so remember this if you have elderly folk with you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to respond through TripAdvisor. I am delighted with the positive aspects of your stay and I will be sure to pass onto the team your very good comments. I do accept your comments re Reception and the Dark Carpet although there is no excuse for it not being hoovered regularily and be assure I will take that up with the appropriate people. I hope that the actions of the reception team would make the arrival of guests welcoming but I agree and I am looking into changing the reception area.
BDL took over the hotel almost two years ago now and immediately embarked on an upgrading programme, unfortunately the substancial sums spent were on areas not allways noticable but vitaly important to the comfort and well being of our visitors. Things like a new roof, rewireing all electrics renewed and a full new heating system. The decor and the furnishing within are high on my agenda. I look forward to welcoming you back to Rosslea in the not to distant future.

Don
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!