“Wedding Venue and Hotel”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our daughter was married at your hotel on Saturday and I would just like to thank all the staff for going out of their way to make this a day to remember for my daughter and son in law. Nothing was to much for them Lynn I take my hat (rather large one) off to you, your attention to detail and your personal service was exemplary . The food was so delicious and was served with a smile. Thank you again and I would personally recommend this as a wedding venue a weekend away or even just to have a meal or afternoon tea much love Lorraine du Preez

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lorraine D
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It makes me so proud of the team to read such positive comments. I know at this end how much work goes into making a wedding the perfect one. I tip my hat to Lynn and the team for delivering excellent service on the day of your daughters wedding.
I will make sure that this review is posted onto our staff notice board as it is a fine example of us succeeding and achieving our goals.

and Thanks

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The setting of and views from this lovely, warm and welcoming hotel fully complemented our overnight stay. From arrival to departure all the staffs were fully obliging and readily available at all times. The restaurant, food, wine and bar facilities offered a diverse selection, whilst not compromising quality with endless choices. Breakfast was an equally pleasant experience with a choice of individual fresh tea and coffee pots. Certainly not the stewed options available elsewhere.
Overall, prices were competitive for the standard of accommodation, facilities, decor and cleanliness, both inside and out. There is a lift available for persons with special needs, but it's not open to all guests.
Our stay was a very special and personal family occasion; we came away feeling that all our expectations were met, if not surpassed.
If we had to be picky, one of the ceiling lights in the bathroom needed replacement and the door did not fully click shut. ....We can live with that!!
We are confident in recommending the Rosslea Hall Hotel for a stress free and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: For £10 extra you can upgrade to a "superior" one, which we did when booking in advance. M...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Guest feedback is vital as we strive to achieve our goal of excellent service. Feedback good or bad is welcome as it lets us know where we are achieving and where we need developing. It always make good reading when a guest leaves the Rosslea with a positive opinion of what we have delivered.
I have had our maintenance team remedy the problem with the doors and they are now squeek free and the closers have been set at the correct adjstment.

Thanks Again for your feedback and we all hope to welcome you back to Rosslea Hall in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Rooms - modern, clean and very comfortable
Bar meals - really good and top value
Breakfast - outstanding. Good quality food, lovely location of restaurant and top, really top, service
Overall service - warm welcome at Reception, but this area not always manned which was sometimes frustrating

1  Thank Redboardie
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. The opinion of our guest is paramount to us as we strive towards delivering exceptional service. I will pass your positive comments onto the team which I'm sure they will be delighted to hear. I will also be discussing the cover by reception at the front desk. I expect this to be manned permanently and have let my views on this be known to avoid any re-occurrence.
Thanks Again and we hope to see you return to Rosslea.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and had a lovely time. The staff in all areas were very friendly and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble which made us feel very welcome. We had a family room which was great as the kids had a separate room off the main bedroom. They had to share a sofa bed which was not ideal but they survived. The main room and bathroom was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep on our queen sized bed. Whilst the hotel rooms themselves were warm, the rest of the hotel felt very cold all the time. It was possibly the coldest day of the year so maybe the heating was not sufficient for really cold temperatures. The ceremony was in the conservatory, which was beautifully decorated but only heated by three fan heaters. The scots amongst us didn't seem too phased so maybe it's just us softie southerners! The entrance and bar area is in need of a facelift and quite dark, but once past this you gave a friendly and relaxing hotel. Will definitely stay again.

1  Thank Katherine A

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We treat all reviews very seriously indeed and it pleases me a great deal to read reviews such as yours. Im delighted you had a great time and I do take on board your comments re the temperature. We are looking into additional heating for the conservatory. Would you believe we actually have under floor heating in that area and it was on, but the minute the conservatory doors were opened it turned into an ice box. I'm glad that it did not spoil your day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently married at this hotel and I cannot thank them enough for all the help we recieved in organising our big day! The whole experience was stress and worry free. We felt that all members of staff where willing to bend over backwards to accomodate our requests (even in bride-zilla moments!) and ensure all our guests had a welcoming and memorable stay! I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel or recieved any form of customer service as astounding as that of the Rosslea Hall Hotel! This was not only the view of my husband and I, but also the view of many of our guests. I would also like to point out that there were a number of young children attending our day and the Rosslea ensured a family friendly day by personally providing entertainment and excitement for the children - including Don (GM) personally operating a snow machine, providing magical memories for all! If this wasnt enough to tick all the family friendly boxes, a couple from our day guests who are parents of 2 young children, were invited back for a complimentary meal purely because the staff had taken the time to notice that these 2 children were not giving their parents peace to enjoy the food! This brings me nicely to the topic of the food which I can only describe as outstanding! Likewise, the bedrooms, cleanliness, service, loacation and value where equally as impressive.

We will certainly not be a stranger to this hotel as all expectations of my big day were exceeded thanks to the help of friendly and accomodating staff. The hospitality at this hotel is overall, unbelievable! I am so happy that in searching for a wedding venue I have found a little diamond in the scenic town of Rhu where I hope to return too year after year! I truly feel that I am unable to give this hotel the credit and justice that they deserve in this review!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Carina and Blair

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am delighted you had such a great day but to be honest you were a fantastic couple to work with. All the staff at the hotel enjoyed delivering your wedding and your family and friends were such great people to deal with. Im so pleased that we made such an impact on your special day and to note that you will always be friends with us at Rosslea is just great.
Don't be strangers and we all look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

One of my dear friends married here yesterday. The hotel was in a beautiful setting and we were glad we stayed the night. We had a sea view room and it was lovely to wake up to in the morning. The room was clean and warm. The food was good and the staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Mhairi26

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Im delighted you enjoyed your visit to Rosslea. Reviews good or bad are always welcome as it sets a nice benchmark for us to aim for. It is even more welcome when reviews are like yours. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

What can I say? Every bride wants their day to go well... All the months of planning, stressing, worrying... And I can tell you, if you want your day to go well then book here! Rosslea is like one huge, warm family looking out for you to make your day special. They go that extra mile and care beyond belief... So much so that they become like family themselves- looking out for you, caring... I can honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel where I have felt so important and looked after. From the wedding co-ordinator (Jennifer Brown) to the bar staff, the reception staff, the managers and not to forget the legendary Don (GM) nothing could be faulted! Even the girls at the end of the night were top-notch!
My family, photographer, friends all commented on what a wonderful, accommodating (Don the photographer said you were amazing!)and beautiful venue the Rosslea was and how amazing the food and bedrooms were. We will be long-time guests and my day honestly was the best of my life. Of course, it was always going to be, marrying my husband but The hotel exceeded my expectations. This is s top Scottish wedding venue and brides, if you want an honest opinion, I will give you it. I know how special you want your day to be... This hotel gives so much value for money that you won't even get in 5 star hotels.
I loved it so much that I don't even think this comment gives it justice. My guests won't stop talking about how fab it is!! Thank you so much!
Mr and Mrs Love

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are to die for!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Natalie S

Dear Natalie and Richard

What can I say!! thank you very much for this fantastic review. It makes me so proud to realise that we made such a lovely couple very happy. We do strive to deliver the best weddings at Rosslea and reviews such as this makes all the work worthwhile. Please don't be strangers we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!