“A splendid hotel”

Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Reviewed January 4, 2013

With a party of four we stayed at this hotel in Rhu, near Helensburgh, after being very badly let down by Travelodge in Helensburgh.

Our party had two disabled persons and the staff at Rosslea could not have been more welcoming, polite or helpful.

Another bonus was that the overall price contained a cooked breakfast which was absolutely excellent and was obviously freshly cooked to order. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel as a pleasant and clean place to stay with an excellent view over the Clyde Estuary.

Wholeheartedly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out over the river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Steve.

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We always welcome feedback whether good or bad, I use it as a tool to work on improvements to enable us to deliver excellent customer care and genuine hospitality.
I must admit it is all the sweeter when the feedback is positive like your own.

Be assured I will pass this onto the staff who I know will all be equally delighted.

There are newer reviews for Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived at the Rosslea at the end of a long journey having had a dreadful experience at another local hotel which resulted in us looking for rooms at the last minute. Our party of four included 2 elderly ladies with special health needs. The Rosslea proved a safe haven and we were met with very friendly and professional staff. Of particular note were Sarah and Bob for whom nothing was too much trouble. We had a very comfortable night and also enjoyed our evening meal and breakfast. The view from our second floor room over the water was great and it was lovely to open the window and listen to the birds in the morning. We were extremely pleased that our first hotel was awful as it meant that were able to experience the excellent Rosslea.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you found our hotel to your liking especially when you have mention being let down elsewhere. It is always welcome feedback when you realise that you have created good memories for our visitors.
I will pass your comments onto the team they are always very appreciative when guests go to the bother to write a review.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great hotel, and wonderful staff.
We held our entire wedding here on the 29th December 2012, and everything was perfect. From planning everything with co-ordinator Jennifer, who was absolutley amazing and made everything so easy, right down to the day itself we cannot find a thing to fault. Food was incredible and everyone enjoyed it. The staff were also wonderful, making sure we were happy at all times and that we were all having a great day.
We couldn't thank them enough for all their help and kindness.

Room Tip: We had the Bridal suite which was incredible. Our families had no complaints about any of the rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Claire

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to note that you were very happy with the delivery of your wedding. We take great pride in what we do and in particular customer service.
Please be assured I will pass your comments on to the team who will be delighted. All the best to both Jordan and you for the future. Please dont be strangers.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went for Boxing Day dinner at 5pm not a soul in the bar or restaurant.This was my friends Christmas meal and he had paid up front and was looking forward to a good meal.We waited 45 minutes for the main and didn't have starters.The duck was off the menu and the menu we had seen prior to going had beef Wellington on which was now Supreme of chicken.The waitress came back saying there was some beef Wellington left so my friend had that and I had turkey( no cranberry sauce offered had to ask for it).The seasonal veg was green beans!The beef Wellington was soggy and did not even look appetising.My friend had "crackers "and cheese and the crackers were more like dog biscuits!My dessert of lemon curd tart was very nice and the staff were helpful enough.Either the Chef had a hangover or the KP was in charge of the kitchen.Very very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, I do apologise for the fact you were so disappointed that you felt the need to write such a negative report.
If I may address some of your points. We did open the restaurant one and a half hours early to accomodate your request for early dining hence the reason it was quiet.
All our meals are cooked from fresh and any guest not ordering a starter would find themselves waiting 30 to 40 minutes especially when Beef Wellington was to be prepared and cooked. May I also point out that dishes actually on the menu could have been served a bit quicker but as you pointed out Beef Wellington was not on the menu, this caused a bigger delay. I apologise that your portion was " soggy" and "did not look appetising" it is the first time I have received negative comments about this dish. Personally I prefer my beef wellington to be served moist.
I do take exception to your comments regardings the Chef the KP and the cheese buscuits and will treat them accordingly. Once again I apologise that you visit was not to your liking but fortunately your experience does not reflect the feedback we get from the vast majority of our visitors.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked 2 nights to visit my son who is serving in the Roayl Navy and is based at Faslane, we were given a lovely room at the front overlooking the Firth, The Decor was lovely as were the views and all of the staff were friendly and attentive. My only Issue was the Bar Prices which were a little high at £14.00 for a large Glass of Wine and a Pint of Stella Artois, this, unfortunately for the hotel helped our decision to find a local with more favourable prices, which we found in a little pub over the road with friendly locals and some old fashioned charm. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choices available. We will probably return again, however, our bar of choice will be over the road should we fancy a tipple.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsnicol72

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted with your comments and equally pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Rosslea Hall. I do apologise however for the price you were charged for a Glass of Wine and a Pint of Stella.
I will take this up with the staff who were on duty as we have large glasses of wine from £4.95 per glass our most expensive wine is £7.95 per large glass. Obviously re training is required in that area.
I do hope to see you again when you return and please contact me directly and allow me to make your arrangements I will also stand you a drink as this negative aspect of your visit quite clearly has not clouded your judgement,

Thanks again and

Kind regards

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great location.nice building.good decor.So the first impression is very favourable. This is re-inforced by the friendly staff. Didn't sample dinner. But did have breakfast which was ok but
the value only fair overall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is through feedback good or bad that we gain the knowledge as to where improvements are required. Im afraid I am at a bit of a loss with this review though as your comments are in general very positive but this does not reflect your scoring. I would be obliged if you could let me know where we let you down to enable us to improve or retrain if that is what is required.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in October. I arrived very early but was delighted when the receptionist said I could check in early at no extra cost. Room was very nice, excellent bed and spacious bathroom. Had some difficulty wrestling with the windows in the room, but other than that it was faultless. The bar and waiting staff were all excellent, as were the prices at the bar - very reasonable as hotels go. The breakfast the next morning was also very good if not spectacular. Overall, I have stayed at more expensive hotels and not had the quality of stay or service I had at Rosslea Hall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent trip on Tripadvisor. It is very reassuring to recieve reviews of this nature. We constantly strive to deliver excellent service and when we recieve comments like yours it makes it all worth while. I have shared this review with the team and they are also very appreciative.

And dont be a stranger.

Don

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!