“needs improvement”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
CH
“needs improvement”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Old, come down hotel, which is partly but not carefully refurbished. The decor is partly new but not the important things (matress, floor, ...) so it`s just good looking. The bath floor and the ceiling were dirty. The hotel is very noisy, you hear every step and word from other people. Our view was the parking which was also very noisy. The bed was old an uncomfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abtron
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw on tripadvisor. It is through feedback good or bad that we gain the knowlege of where improvements are required as we strive to perfect the guest experience.

Please accept my apologies that we fell short in delivering the standard that you were expecting. The entire hotel was refurbished just over 4 years ago by the previous owners but I accept that some of our mattresses need replacing, we have started on this programme and are almost complete. Our new owners took over the Rosslea Hall 12 months ago and have embarked on a substantial investment programme. What you have pointed out are issues that just should not be the case and have been adressed.

There is no excuse for the light fitting hanging the way it was or the fact that the grouting on the floor tiles has not been improved upon. I have taken these point up with my maintenance team and can confirm these issues have now been put right.

I am surprised that you have negative views on our location I must admit that is a first. As I do not have your name or date of your stay I cannot identify when you visited or what room you were in. I can only assume when you comment on noise that it was at the weekend whilst a wedding was taking place. We are a very popular venue but to avoid non wedding guests getting rooms above the function suite we do tend to allocate rear facing rooms which do look over our small carpark and onto the gardens beyond. I am sorry this was not to your liking. Thank you once againg for your comments.

Don McGregor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Bristol
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Travel to Faslane on a regular basis and found the hotel was on the door step, the double room I was given looked out onto the Clyde and I saw a sub arriving as I looked out. The staff are very friendly and the bar food was great, I haven't tried the restaurant but the breakfast is also great.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd Floor double facing the Clyde
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Rosslea Hall on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to note your comments. As a team we strive to deliver exceptional service as in all our opinions good is not enough, great is our goal. It is particularly pleasing when a guest leaves with a good opinion of the hotel.
You do need to try our restaurant as the food is very good indeed.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

had my wedding reception on the 7th of july 2012. i dont know where to begin on how amazing this was. from the day we booked to the day itself the service was outstanding. Jennifer was our point of contact and she did an amazing job. our theme was Disney and we had alot of quirky details. these were embraced with no problem. the wedding approched wi9th no concerns or problems at all (well with the reception at least). I stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding with some of my husbands family and 2 of my bridesmaids. we had a fabulous dinner and i was able to oversee the room being set up. they were more than happy to make any changes i suggested and nothing was a problem. the morning of the wedding we were moving rooms and using the rooms we were booked into for getting ready. as the morning went on there was still no sign of the flowers. jennifer told me not to worry and she would chase them up and phone up to the room. they arrived soon after and jennifer carried them up to the room for us. a button-hole was missing. again it was no problem the flower shop arranged for 1 to be sent and the staff again called to let me know it was here. the reception itsself was out of this world. (there is a pic on their facebook page) everyone is still talking about it. they made all my quirky Disney details look really classy. the food was gorgeous and the staff very attentive. there was not a singe hitch (despite the weather). the room the night before the wedding and the bridal suite on the night of the wedding were both fantastic. the beds were comfortable and the rooms spacious. we cannot thank the rosslea enough for making our special day that extra bit spectacular.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaynePeberdy
Dear Jayne.

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you felt the service you received was excellent. As you are aware we are striving to build our reputation as being one of the top wedding venues in the area. It is through comments like yours that not only the Hotel and staff but all Tripadvisor followers see these wonderful comments.
Thanks once again Jayne

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had a meal here.

Starters -very good.
Soup was flavoursome and hearty.
Scallops with pea puree - excellent! One of the best starters I have ever had!

Mains were disappointing - Chicken supreme is not recommended.
Mashed potatoes could be creamier.
Trio of pork was just above average - could be a bit more "refined".
Chocolate fondant for dessert was pretty nice - not too sweet - a bit salty and interesting!

Service was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan L
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Jonathan L
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. Good to see your comments on the starters and service, I am surprised that you felt our pork dish was needing refined?? this is the most popular dish on the menu at the moment and diners have been raving about it. You may not want to recommend the Chicken but I would as it is my favourite, I have passed your comments onto the Chef as it is through feedback good or bad that we are able to perfect our quality and service. We were all at a bit of a loss as to why the fondant tasted salty but will settle for pretty nice.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Rosslea Hall provides good accommodation particularly for function attendees. Rooms are small but more than adequate for a night or two. Well cleaned and comfortable. In a first floor room facing the car park no ‘disco’ noise apparent from the wedding reception being held at the hotel. Breakfasts in the conservatory huge and delicious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion of your recent visit to Rosslea on Tripadvisor. We as a team strive to deliver exceptional service and it is through sites like tripadvisor we gain a valuable insight into what we are getting right and of course wrong. We are very rapidly becoming a popular wedding venue and I am delighted to note that guests not attending can be safely accommodated without noise disturbance from the function suite.

Thanks Once again

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We would like to thank all the staff at RossleaHall for such an amazing stay, we were so well looked after and food was great. We opted to eat in the bar rather than the restaurant.....but were not disappointed (the games brought to keep the kids amused was the perfect touch). The setting of this hotel is stunning......and although 2 hours from home we are considering it as our wedding venue now. Just the Perfect hotel in perfect location. Thanks x

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I pleases me no end to receive feedback like this, it is what we are in this business for and when we succeed in pleasing our guests the sense of achievement resounds around the hotel.
We have a great team here at Rosslea and be assured I will pass your comments onto them. Each and every one of us would be delighted to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

After a days work I needed a place to stay before driving south in the morning. I was greeted by a girl named Hazel who was friendly, helpful and found me a lovely room with dinner and breakfast within my budget.

The meal in the restaurant was fantastically cooked and I had three courses for what would have been £25. The waitress Sarah was again happy, friendly and a credit to the hotel

Breakfast was also perfectly cooked. I had the full breakfast and did not leave anything funnily enough served by Hazel who had greeted me the day before.

Checking out I met Zoe who was again efficient, happy, friendly and just well nice.

The hotel is a good 3* hotel with good food and staff who are genuinely happy and pleased to help.

When I left for my long drive home in appaling conditions, I was relaxed thanks to the behaviour of the staff mentioned.

This hotel does wedding receptions so I would presume might be difficult to get in at weekends, but if you ever need a short break or somewhere near Helensburgh to stop for a night I would higly recommend it.

C.R. stayed 21/06/2012

Room Tip: I was in a room overlooking the car park. The rooms overlooking the grounds and the Loch would be fa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Colin R
, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Feedback is so important Good! or Bad! it enables us as a team to celebrate our successes and of course to put right areas that may need developed.
I am delighted that your visit was pleasurable and I will pass on your comments to all of the team. We are all in this industry to ensure our guests receive good service and It pleases me greatly when we succeed.

Don.
PS: Visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhu
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!