We stayed at this hotel on 10/05/2013 until 11/05/2013 as part of a wedding party that was taking place in the sister hotel Lodge on the Loch. As soon as we arrived we checked in and basically got the shuttle bus to the hotel, so we didnt really have much time in the hotel, so feel we can only really comment on the things we dealt with at the hotel. Upon arrival our room was ready, so we went up and go to our room which was on the 2nd floor room 202, once we got in we couldnt believe how big and lovely the room was, we had an executive room which looked out onto the loch, which was lovely. We couldnt complain about the room very modern and absolutley goregous. We arrived back at the hotel around 12.30am, to find the bar was still open, so we decided to have a drink at the bar to which the staff were more than accommodating, we stayed down stairs until around 2am then went to bed. Staff where very friendly and really nice to speak to also. In the morning we went for breakfast which was a continetal breakfast to begin with, but a cooked breakfast was also there, when the waiter came and asked us if we wanted a cooked breakfast we said yes, only to be told that they only had scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms and black pudding, so at the time we said yes, but couldnt believe how little it was on the plate, my aunt was at another table and asked for the same, but to make the egg into a fried one to be told that isnt possible??? For a 4 star hotel I find this a bit hard to believe, came accross as a bit of an inconvience to the chef than actually doing it, anyway, we had the breakfast and paid the £8 each and went to pack our things up and check out, check out was very easy and simple and to be honest, we would go back it hasn't put us off, I just think you should get more on your plate than 4 items.
Hotel doesn't look much from the outside, but once you are inside it was so modern and cosy we were so pleased, in my partner's words stunning inside, to which I would agree. Value for money as it was actually discounted aswell due to it being in connection with the wedding.
Bar area very nice and well presented as was the breakfast area.
There was 1 down fall which was when we booked my aunt decided she wanted to stay also with some more family and upon booking she explained 2 family members had sticks to help them walk, so had to be on the ground floor due to their walking abilities to which she was advised that this wouldn't be an issue, around 4wks later as it was getting nearer the wedding I called just to make sure that this was still in place and noted on the booking to be advised yes no problem, however when we arrived 1 member was on the first floor and the second member was on the 2nd floor, when we advised reception they apologised, but explained no other rooms available, but will pass on this issue to a manager, explained will deal with it ourselves, however when we got to the lodge the manager came up and tried his best to move them, it wasn't possible, so we had to just leave it there, however another guest staying there said they would swap rooms, so they did that, however that was only possible for 1 member of the family, in future this needs to be addressed in email perhaps as we had no comback as the person who I initially dealt with wasnt working at that time, so it had to be dealt with by someone else.
All in all we had a fab stay and will be back, we just need to make it more clear on the booking. Also next time we will try the food as it looked lovely and the portion sizes looked massive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Inn offers beautiful, rustic accommodation, a new wave fish restaurant and stunning lounge. The eat-in/take-away restaurant uses only the best of local produce. An impressive bar stocks quality local real ales and over 200 malts selected from the top whiskey regions in Scotland. Set back on the main A82, three miles north of Luss, the Inn is a perfect place to stop for food, drink or a relaxing overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Inn on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Inverbeg Hotel Luss
- Inverbeg Inn
- Inverbeg Hotel
- The Inn On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland